Cubecart 4 Installation error

Jayphen

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, as I can't find anywhere to give feedback on the beta version.

I've downloaded the .zip package (I also tried the tarred version), copied across the files (I've deleted and re-uploaded a couple of times now), but I keep getting the following error when accessing /setup:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/med4037/public_html/cube/includes/functions.inc.php on line 864

Line 864 is:

function buildCatTree($cat_father_id=0, $level=0, &$key=0, &$treeData=array()) {

Guest charleyramm

I am experiencing the same thing on my webhost (linux), but not on my home machine, (windows, xampp). I can dredge up more system details if it will help.

Ok this is the first bug. I believe it is due to the php.ini setting for "allow_call_time_pass_reference". Martin will probably correct me. It didn't affect our development and test environment but needs attention.

The fix is correct. If you get that error remove the & stated by sachie in the following line of includes/functions.inc.php

function buildCatTree($cat_father_id=0, $level=0, &$key=0, &$treeData=array()) {

to:
function buildCatTree($cat_father_id=0, $level=0, $key=0, $treeData=array()) {

Guest Brivtech

So far, just make the change in code that Al made - It's worked for me - I'm already on Step 3 of installation now!

The next problem you may encounter is the write permission problem in step 2 of install, this is caused by a cache folder not being there. Simply create a folder called cache in the store's root, and you'll be able to continue.

If you get any further issues, then you'll need to report them individually at http://www.cubecart.com/beta/bugs , otherwise this forum will be overcome with bug reports, that'll possibly confuse anyone who isn't beta testing.

A new resource area is being made for CC4 as I type.

EDIT: As I was typing, a new section was created, and this topic was moved. Please read the read-me at the beginning of this new section for more information. :) :P

Guest Brivtech

This is the setting on my server:

allow_call_time_pass_referenceOnOn

On for both master and local.

As far as I am aware, install works without any further errors, so long as the single fix to includes/functions.inc.php is made as above.

If this has not solved this problem, I'd like to know about it.

I'd also like to know more on why it's being suggested that all occurances of &$ should be replaced - Has anyone actually encountered errors because of this, apart from the functions file fix?

Ok this is the first bug. I believe it is due to the php.ini setting for "allow_call_time_pass_reference". Martin will probably correct me. It didn't affect our development and test environment but needs attention.

Hi Al,

Just to report, I have in my php.ini file

allow_call_time_pass_reference = On

so that's not the issue.

Someone posted on the bug tracker that it is a PHP 5 command that won't work on PHP 4. I have PHP 4.4.7 on my server.

This has been fixed in Subversion, and will now work fine on PHP4. The temporary fix is above, and the proper fix will be in beta 2