Fixed for USPS

Guest Boniknik

Guest Boniknik

Hello, for all those who are experiencing the following errors with USPS in Cubecart version 3.0.15

1) Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: blah blah...

2) Failed to add package (or something like that)

3) USPS ERROR: One of the following variables was empty. service = '', zip_origin = '93551', zip_dest = '37931', size = ''

This is how I fixed my problem.

1) Download the mod posted by Al on this thread http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=28053

2) Back up all the files that will be overwritten by this mod. (This is very important! you will need all these files later).

3) Upload to your server the mod you download.

4) Go to cubecart admin area, enable USPS, click "Click Here To Submit USPS Tests".

5) Re-upload the files you backed up from step two.

It should work now. :)

***Note: My cubecart store was a new store and this was my first time to use USPS, but the instructions I have above worked for me. I am not sure if it will work with others.

I hope this helps anyone having problems with USPS. :)

Guest AnnieK2

Hello, for all those who are experiencing the following errors with USPS in Cubecart version 3.0.15

1) Authorization Error connecting to United States Postal Service Server: blah blah...

2) Failed to add package (or something like that)

3) USPS ERROR: One of the following variables was empty. service = '', zip_origin = '93551', zip_dest = '37931', size = ''

This is how I fixed my problem.

1) Download the mod posted by Al on this thread http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=28053

2) Back up all the files that will be overwritten by this mod. (This is very important! you will need all these files later).

3) Upload to your server the mod you download.

4) Go to cubecart admin area, enable USPS, click "Click Here To Submit USPS Tests".

5) Re-upload the files you backed up from step two.

It should work now. :)

***Note: My cubecart store was a new store and this was my first time to use USPS, but the instructions I have above worked for me. I am not sure if it will work with others.

I hope this helps anyone having problems with USPS. :)

Unfortunatley, on my screen, I am not given the option to make the USPS enabled...I have to have Successful tests in order for my status drop down from disabled to enabled to be activated...so you are a step ahead! I wish I knew how to fix this...its a nightmare....luckily, % rate shipping is working for now...so have to go with that until this is all resolved. Thanks for your post, hopefully it will help out someone else!!

The thought occurred to me, after I uploaded fresh copies of the USPS files from my zip of 3.0.15, that, wouldn't the rates be incorrect after this, given that they changed recently?

• 2 months later...

I uploaded the fix and logged back in. While I didn't see a link to submit the tests again, it is now enabled. We haven't tested anything yet, so this is a work in progress.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EcoMaMa

I uploaded the fix and logged back in. While I didn't see a link to submit the tests again, it is now enabled. We haven't tested anything yet, so this is a work in progress.

I am enabled as well. I submitted my tests before uploading the fix and got the information I needed from USPS.

I haven't used it yet, but it appears to be working.

I edited this after the fact. I did need to put back the original files and all is working well.

Thank you!