Changing Error Message

Guest chriscoyier

Guest chriscoyier

My PayPal Pro setup "works" -- but I get the infamous "Sorry! Your order failed." text if anything was wrong with the customer data (like a wrong expiration date on a credit card).

All I want to do is change that text to something a little more user friendly like:

"Uh oh! The processing for your order has failed. Often it is because the name you have in your information is slightly different than your name as it appears on your credit card, or maybe you entered your Expiration Date wrong. Feel free to go back, check your information, and re-submit your order. Don't worry -- you will not be charged twice! If you continue to have trouble, you can call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX or email us at [email protected]"

Seems like that would be trival, but I can't seem to find where I could make that edit.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Chris Coyier

Guest sachie

Hi Chris,

If you want to change the default message that is shown if an order fails you can just:

Search in language/en/lang.inc.php for Sorry, your order failed! and then replace this with the text that you want to use. You can also edit the other text that is shown, just search for You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below: and change it to what you want.

Cheers

Sachie

Guest chriscoyier

Brilliant!

I've actually gotten both of your suggestions to work. I've gotten real error messages, as well as changed the default text.

Thank you both~

-Chris