Strange admin login problem - login screen appears again within admin

Guest sparkdigital

Guest sparkdigital

I have this strange login problem in the admin panel. After I have logged in I can access all pages except for the homepage and site documents pages. If I click on those the admin login appears instead of the site docs overview. The navigation remains on the left hand side but now with only the Admin home, Store home, Server info and Admin sessions clickable.

If I try logging in again in this second login screen nothing happens.

Any ideas? I tried logging in / out a few times but it doesn't do the trick.

Thanks!

Konrad

This is a problem with a bad cookie that has been discussed many times. Delete your cache and cookies, close all browser windows, and open a new one and it should be fine.

In addition to a skewed cookie that somehow got into your browser's cache, your firewall, or pop-up blocker, or anti-virus, or all-in-one Internet Security Suite, or Cookie Cruncher, or Javascript Annihilator, or IE6/7 Security Settings may be munging the cookie, or returning a munged cookie.

Please investigate the possibility that the protective screens you've installed on your computer may be causing the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Which browser are you using?

In the interest of finding a speedy resolution, I'll guess FireFox - and further, that you are accepting FF's offer to "restore session."

Try 2 things:

1) see if you have the problem in IE

2) if that works, next try FF but reject the restore option.

That's what works for me (as reported elsewhere in these forums only within the past month).

In the interest of finding a speedy resolution, I'll guess FireFox - and further, that you are accepting FF's offer to "restore session."

Try 2 things:

That's what works for me (as reported elsewhere in these forums only within the past month).

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

I am using FF but no use.

Please go into the admin and let me know if it happens to you.

the pass/user: admin

web: www.adda.org.il/cubecart/admin

Thanks

Guest sparkdigital

Try 2 things:

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

I am using FF but no use.

Please go into the admin and let me know if it happens to you.

the pass/user: admin

web: www.adda.org.il/cubecart/admin

Thanks

Hi Maey,

Your problem seems to be different from mine. As I said in my PM, clearing cache and cookies did the trick for me but when I logged into your admin panel for the first time your problem still occurred.

Your problem seems to be that the bottom part of the screen opens another full screen - maybe someone else can help you out?

Based on logging in a few mins ago, I can confirm it is not a session or caching issue.

At login to admin I got the expected CC/ACP screen, with a full and apparently active nav menu, but as soon as clicked on anything other than Admin or Store, the login prompt came back and the nav menu, except for those two items, grayed out.

Have you tried a fresh reinstall - and without using Fantastico? You really should be using 3.0.16 anyway, and Fantastico, for some reason, hasn't offered an update for a loooong time.

A direct installation really is not difficult at all. Go to the CC Support Help Desk (click support above) and you'll see a good video tutorial on doing that. If you get stuck, just ask and one of us will help you.

In order to customize CC you'll need a copy on your harddisk so it may as well be the most current version.

Good luck