I don't know what to do now...?

Guest guyroberts

Guest guyroberts

I recently noticed this error when I get to the payment pages of the site:

"Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cheeky/public_html/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/home/cheeky/public_html/pear:.:/public_html/classes/') in /home/cheeky/public_html/pear/PayPal.php on line 11"

I spoke to my host and they said:

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cheeky/public_html/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/home/cheeky/public_html/pear:.:/public_html/classes/') in /home/cheeky/public_html/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

So I did this and listed the pear pagckages and they came back with:

following was already installed

Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:

=========================================

Package Version State

Archive_Tar 1.3.2 stable

Console_Getopt 1.2.3 stable

HTML_Template_IT 1.1 stable

Net_UserAgent_Detect 2.0.1 stable

PEAR 1.6.0 stable

Structures_Graph 1.0.2 stable

XML_RPC 1.5.1 stable

please let me know what exactly isn´t working, or how I can replicate your issue

Now, the functions is still not working and I know for a fact it did right up until they upgraded cPanel. I don;t know enough about the system to tell him what exactly isn;t working and don't know what to do now, apart from change hosts and start the set-up all over again.

I was hoping to go live a week ago, but now this has put be back and didn;t really want to have to go through the set-up again, but I'm just totally stuck of where to go now.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I have put a couple of posts out on Pear, but no-one seems to know/answer..

Thanks Guys!

(include_path='/home/cheeky/public_html/pear:.:/public_html/classes/')

I'm not too sure about the "pear:.:/public_html/" portion of the address. Part of it is duplicated and part of it has characters I would never use in a URL string.

In your admin panel, click Server Info, scroll to Configuration, PHP Core section, and look at the value for "include_path".

It might say something like ".:/usr/local/lib/php". There might be something seriously wrong with this value of this variable.

If there is, to have it fixed, your hosting support might have to get involved.

Guest guyroberts

Hi Bsmither, thanks for the reply

I have the value

.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php

It seems to be repeated, is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guyroberts

Has no-one ever come across this before? This is the only thing stopping my site going live. If I can't use cubecart due to Pear, all my work is for nothing and I'll have to start again with a different cart program!