Email Receipts and authorize.net

Guest wikk3d

Guest wikk3d

I am using authorize.net as a gateway and when i get email reciepts (under the test account) it does not show the product code that i have created. it doesnt show the quantity, or the name of the product. It makes it difficult when we get an order because we only have an amount and not the whole description.

this is what it looks like:

Invoice : 070618-143705-9834

Description : Cart - 070618-143705-9834

Amount : 0.99 (USD)

Payment Method : Visa

Type : Authorization and Capture

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

HELP!!! :cry: :)

I am using authorize.net as a gateway and when i get email receipts...

My (novice) conclusion is that the role of a gateway sends and receives only that information necessary for you to confirm that you got your money from your customer. The gateway e-mails that I get only detail the transaction, not any information about *what* was purchased.

I do not know if or how one can get CubeCart to send an administrative e-mail for each order placed. I would imagine that once your store starts processing dozens or hundreds of sales a day, you won't need the e-mails -- just do your daily managerial duties.

I always use the CubeCart receipts that are generated to see what was purchased rather than the Authorize.net receipt. As mentioned above, that's more to verify that the payment went through.

However, if you're dead set to get more information into the Authorize.net receipt, you'll have to take a look at the code in the module where it generates the data to be passed to Authorize.net and add what you need there.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I have too many project going right now to do the work for you.

I am using authorize.net as a gateway and when i get email reciepts (under the test account) it does not show the product code that i have created. it doesnt show the quantity, or the name of the product. It makes it difficult when we get an order because we only have an amount and not the whole description.

HELP!!! :rolleyes::ninja:

do you see this part?

thats your ORDER ID for that ORDER... everything on your store as far as sales go are based off that order ID not a product code (that wouldnt be smart because a customer might buy SEVERAL items from you... every order has its own UNIQUE order ID

if you login to your stores admin

theres a quick search for order IDs

copy that from your invoice from Auth net into the quick search... and voila! you will see that orders DETAILS... amount, shippping, payment method, customers address, etc etc etc....

Hope this helps...

Kinetic

Guest wikk3d

HELP!!! :):w00t:

do you see this part?

thats your ORDER ID for that ORDER... everything on your store as far as sales go are based off that order ID not a product code (that wouldnt be smart because a customer might buy SEVERAL items from you... every order has its own UNIQUE order ID

if you login to your stores admin

theres a quick search for order IDs

copy that from your invoice from Auth net into the quick search... and voila! you will see that orders DETAILS... amount, shippping, payment method, customers address, etc etc etc....

Hope this helps...

Kinetic

That did indeed help.

I'm not new to web design but i am new to store fronts and functionality.

I will just have to monitor store more closely.