3rd Party Modules Link

goober999

I was wondering if a 3rd Party modules link could be added somewhere within the admin panel navigation?

if not, no big deal, just thinking out loud. :whistle:

This would go a long way in unifying a location within the admin panel where modders can place their add-ons and give the whole modder community a bit recognition.

IMHO, I think this has worked pretty well on v3, even if I do take credit for it :ninja::rolleyes:

The new admin panel navigation is getting quite busy.

Thanks

/Goober

Guest Brivtech

The new admin panel navigation is getting quite busy.

That's why the new collapsible menus are great! Would be nice if the system remembered the collapsible options for each admin user.

Guest paulabakerparkin

I was wondering if a 3rd Party modules link could be added somewhere within the admin panel navigation?

Do you not think that some users would be confused to why the page had nothing on it, if they didn't have any 3rd party mods installed?

What might serve the purpose that Goober is going for is to set up a 'standard' location for such a link so that all modders create links in the same place.

Guest webicon

That's a great idea - would be nice to see all of the mods in one place... I think it would be nice if modders were encouraged to stick to a standard.

I think it would make it easier for third party modders to work with an existing store also as customers dont always remember that they've installed mods - and if they do they dont always know what they are called!!

Brivtech's idea of remembering admin setting of dynamic navigation is also good - I probably would only use half of the menu anyway (or would like to set up for customer so they knew which bits they should and shouldn't mess with!).

I dont think it would confuse people if there are no mods installed - surely it would be possible to have a line read 'you have no third paty mods installed' if the 3rd party folder was empty....

Do you not think that some users would be confused to why the page had nothing on it, if they didn't have any 3rd party mods installed?

No need to call it 3rdParty, is there? It would be nice if there were an area, though, could call it Add-on Modules or just Add-ons ~ That would server both for 3rd party add-ons and any after-market addons that Devellion cared to create and sell.

It's an excellent suggestion, just as the original creation of a 3rdparty area under Modules was a great idea by Goober, many of the modders already follow that for top-notch modules that may be enabled/disabled and such.

Also, specifically to Paula's question again, no more than a customer who visits a store, enters a category, and is greeted by "There are no products inn this category LOL :ninja:

No need to call it 3rdParty, is there? It would be nice if there were an area, though, could call it Add-on Modules or just Add-ons ~ That would server both for 3rd party add-ons and any after-market addons that Devellion cared to create and sell.

I agree with markscarts, Add-ons or Add-on modules is also a good idea.

Thanks

/Goober

Go CubeCart!