Sending email thru your email program

Okay, this is a little mod I just wrote for myself that I thought I would post for you all. I really wanted to be able to easily email customers thru my email program instead of thru cubecart so I could keep copies in my sent folder and maintain records of what I told customers, so, I added some simple links to /admin/order.php that populates the customers email address and order id information as well as some standard body text. Nice thing is, you can add as many as you'd like and customize the message when it opens in your compose window :wacko: It doesn't replace the current cubecart inform customer method, just adds to it and sends thru your standard email program. Might help for those of you having problems sending thru cubecart too.

So, simply find in /admin/order.php...

<tr>

<td width="250" class="copyText"><strong><?php echo $lang['admin']['orders']['staff_comments'];?></strong><br />

<?php echo $lang['admin']['orders']['info_not_sent_customer'];?> 

</td>

<td><textarea name="comments" cols="40" rows="5" class="textbox" id="comments"><?php echo $result['0']['comments']; ?></textarea></td>

</tr>

and after it add....

<tr><td class="copyText"><b>Standard Emails:</b></td><td class="copyText">

<a href="mailto:<?php echo $result[0]['email']; ?>?&subject=Update of Order No <?php echo $_GET['cart_order_id']; ?>&Body=Dear <?php echo $result[0]['firstName']; ?>:<br><br>Thank you for your order.<br><br>	whatever text you want here formatted however you want with standard html	  <br><br>">Name of Email 1</a></td></tr>

<tr><td></td><td class="copyText">

<a href="mailto:<?php echo $result[0]['email']; ?>?&subject=Update of Order No <?php echo $_GET['cart_order_id']; ?>&Body=Dear <?php echo $result[0]['firstName']; ?>:<br><br>Thank you for your order.<br><br>	whatever text you want here formatted however you want with standard html	  <br><br>">Name of Email 2</a></td></tr>

<tr><td></td><td class="copyText">

<a href="mailto:<?php echo $result[0]['email']; ?>?&subject=Update of Order No <?php echo $_GET['cart_order_id']; ?>&Body=Dear <?php echo $result[0]['firstName']; ?><br><br>">Blank Message</a>

</td>

</tr>

With a little bit of work, you could add just about anything you wanted in it such as order details, etc. so have fun with it!

(updated a bit to add the "Dear (Customers first name)": information to the top of the body field. Note when adding html to the message - do NOT use quotes - use <a href=http://link>text</a> instead of <a href="http.... or you will get an error )