close to finish, about to go live

Guest balldwiin

Guest balldwiin

Hey,

I posted a listing a little while ago for the site and got some responses which I was very grateful for. Now I've redone the site, taken out most errors in validation, and tested it in ALL major browsers. If all of you would test my site and give me some more feedback it would be very appreciated.

Http://www.InternationalMobileOnline.com

Thank You,

Stephen Baldwin

Guest susanfrancis

it looksgood and is nicely organized, i couldn't check out the business section or europe because nothing happened when i clicked.

Guest offthehook

Its a very strange decision to have the first two pages of the site designed differently from the rest. The entry page is redundant as it just provides links through to different sections of the site and the second page has no information about what the site is or does or any information about the company.

I see a complicated and deep site but executed poorly in terms of structure and navigation. This is exactly the type of site that would benefit from CMS as it lacks focus and synergy throughout. It appears at first that you are some sort of communications company, but all the clicks lead to a shop. Menus appear to be different on every page, and its difficult to navigate around the site.

For example, when in the shop, clicking the home button takes one back to the personal use page. When there we are presented with a menu option to exit. That takes us back to the true home page where we can then decide which section we want to go to (business or personal). So which is the home page? I was expecting the exit button to take me off site. Surely on all pages of the site the option should be given to switch to a different section? And what about the site docs, they only appear on one page. Such things as T & Cs should be on a universal menu. The switch between North America and Europe flits between being at the top on some pages and then on the bottom of others. And then there is a members lounge which almost looks like its another site entirely. Do you see what I am trying to point out? Navigation is key to a sites success and this is really confusing and liable to get one lost too quickly. Customers may get bored and click away if they can't see what they want. You really do need a main menu, one that allows you can navigate around the full site. Not necessarily all the links to all the pages but a clear menu to get you around all the key links and different sections.

Furthermore I'd say the site was a way from being finished; unfinished pages, links that don't go anywhere and you even claim to have taken out most validation errors. Every page I tried failed validation and one came up with nearly 250 errors.

I hope that you have just posted the wrong link or something, as there is potentially a really cool site struggling to come out of what still appears to be development hell.