problem with install

Guest bently

Guest bently

Hi

Just loaded version 3.0.15 and the images dont show .. had the same problem with version 3.0.16 thats why I tried the 15 version with same result ... have installed cubecart several times this is the first with problems ...

like the CC logo etc cubcart.jpg

even after completing the install the logos dont show and the borders are broken ...have reinstalled a couple times now with the ame result ... any ideas?

Cheers

bently

Right-click on the blank image placeholder and select properties. The properties window should tell you where your browser is asking for the images. If the URL shown has too many or missing backslashes, then there's a misunderstanding in your responses to the URL field's of your store during installation.

But missing images during the installation? Hmm...

Maybe, by chance, did you upload the "upload" folder from the CC distribution archive? Or did you upload the "contents" of the upload folder onto your site?

Maybe you have a firewall or pop-up blocker that prevents images from being downloaded from unapproved sites?

Did you FTP the contents of the upload folder having a setting in the FTP program that forces all file and folder names lowercase when transferring? If the properties page of the graphic that's supposed to be there says "cclogo.gif" instead of ccLogo.gif", then that's what happened.

Guest bently

Hi bsmither

Thanks for reply .... I had checked all your suggestions ... I was showing a friend how to set up cubecart himself without me helping each time ... this is his 5th site using cubcart ..:-)

So I thought best way to show him was with the cubecart tutorial ... followed the instructions .. uploaded using Ascii as suggestged in the tutorial ... then tried Auto ... still no go ....

So I uploaded everything in Binary mode and hey presto fully set up and running as it should a very easy 5 min setup which took me half a day .....:-)

Thanks again