MasterEmail

Guest Korndawg9951

Guest Korndawg9951

I am looking for the MasterEmail, isn't it stored in SQL? I have looked all over all the tables and stuff but I can't seem to find the value where the masteremail is saved. (On the General Settings area of the admin you can assign the master email)

Can anyone help me out on this?

Guest EverythingWeb

You wont see it in 'plain text' in the database, as it's stored in a serialized array. For reference, it is in the CubeCart_config table, in the row with the key 'config'.

Out of interest - why aren't you updating it in the general settings page?

Guest Korndawg9951

Well what I really wanted to do was add another field to the General Settings page for another e-mail (have the order information sent to 2 e-mails instead of one) and I was just going to code that myself.

The reason I need the order information sent to multiple e-mails is the guy I work for wants the cash and a copy of the order but wants the order also sent to the warehouse where they can send out the products.

I guess I can just code an extra page and include it to have it mail the same information to the warehouse.

Well what I really wanted to do was add another field to the General Settings page for another e-mail.

I tried to place two e-mails seprated by a comma on the Store Settings page and a "500 Internal Server Error" message for my effort.

Then I thought to create an alias e-mail (since I own the domain name) and have that redirected to as many e-mails as I need.

Guest EverythingWeb

I'd say the easiest thing is setup an email alias or 'group' on your hosting control panel, something like [email protected] then have that forward out to the two (or more!) people that need it :blink:

This way, if you upgrade your CubeCart in the future, you haven't got to worry about re-coding it.

Guest Korndawg9951

I have thought about that before. The only problem is that there would be an e-mail account that develops a huge amount of e-mails that arent being used for anything. It just takes up space. If all else fails I will just end up doing that.

Thanks for the help.

Guest EverythingWeb

No no, the way that you should be able to do it is setup a group or alias where there is no mailbox. Its just an instruction to the mail server to send a copy of the email to two addresses.