New french website - first attempt

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there

This is my first attempt at anything like this. Obviously I haven't attempted anything nearly as sophisticated as most other people, even sticking to the killer skin! I have just done my best, for the time being, with our limited set up resources. I would love to hear your feedback, both on the current version and on any suggestions for small changes I could make now or larger scale changes which may have to wait!

Thanks for looking!

Jim

Okay - so the more I look around the more I realise that I have had my head in the sand (products, prices and functionality) and not really paid enough attention to the design!

Whilst I haven't noticed any stock skinned cubecart stores in France - well not in our sector - it would be good to be somewhat different ahead of the game!

Can anyone please make some suggestions as to some skinning ideas or examples which would suit our market/products.

Guest fullt

Looks good. The header on the homepage loaded fast, but the rest of the info took about 28 seconds.(I'm on dialup). The trest of the pages loaded quickly tho.

What don't you like? It's neat and clean, I knew right away that you sold golf accessories, the description length was good, etc. I think it looks fine. Congratulations - great first effort! :)

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Looks good. The header on the homepage loaded fast, but the rest of the info took about 28 seconds.(I'm on dialup). The trest of the pages loaded quickly tho.

What don't you like? It's neat and clean, I knew right away that you sold golf accessories, the description length was good, etc. I think it looks fine. Congratulations - great first effort! :w00t:

Thank you fullt

I guess I see lots of 3rd party skins etc and feel like maybe I should have tried harder on the design. I suppose that since we all aware that these sites are all CC sites stock skins are easy to spot. Maybe in the mix of the internet very few people will notice/care?

As far as th images on the homepage are concerned they are two large jpegs with image maps as I got too lazy to code the photos in from the upload files and then href them all. I also wasn't sure how to go about creating the frame for the boxes other than in Illustrator as a jpeg so once I decided to make them, adding the photos and text seemed too easy - Maybe I'll get round to doing it properly - but like lots of people broadband access makes me lazy! If anyone would be prepared to outline a more correct way of achieving the look and function of my homepage I would really appreciate it - Its my most important piece or real estate and I really want to use the space well - not just fill it with padding.

Thanks again for your time and kind words Fullt - much appreciated

Jim

Guest fullt

WOW! What a difference. Took >3 seconds to load this time. Looks grea!

ps thanks for your help over in the skins forums. I have more work to do but it's getting there.