what do you think??

Guest semolinapilchard

Guest semolinapilchard

hi

this is my second website but i think this one will be easier to advertise and get known as i have contacts on the uk parenting forums and at schools and playgroups.

i want to offer funky kids stuff which although might be a little pricey - is of the best quality and will last.

eventually i want to offer fairtrade/organic/eco-friendly products. i am also using these products at parties around essex.

the website is almost ready to go live im just going to change the images in the clothing for clearer images.

what do you think?? any improvements???

well it would help if i gave you the address right??

what a div!!!

Semolina Pilchard

Guest hardnut33

im gettng this at the top of the page.

Warning: include(lang_giftcard_coupon_mod.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/language/en/config.inc.php on line 5

Warning: include(lang_giftcard_coupon_mod.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/language/en/config.inc.php on line 5

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang_giftcard_coupon_mod.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/language/en/config.inc.php on line 5

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang_giftcard_coupon_mod.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/language/en/config.inc.php on line 5

Guest semolinapilchard

yeah ive just added the giftcard/coupon mod and ive ballsed it up!!!!!

ignore the site for now lol

all sorted had put the language fie in wrong folder!!!

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi sorry to be a party pooper but i've got this:

Warning: include(includes/goobermods/Coupon_Giftcard_Manager/vp_part1.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/includes/content/viewProd.inc.php on line 172

Warning: include(includes/goobermods/Coupon_Giftcard_Manager/vp_part1.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/includes/content/viewProd.inc.php on line 172

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/goobermods/Coupon_Giftcard_Manager/vp_part1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/includes/content/viewProd.inc.php on line 172

at the top of personalised- I guess you might want to try running through the gift card mod install again. Otherwise I think the site looks good.

My first observations are:

The last page or so of shoes: The images are poor compared with those that went before - Its very obvious that these are shots you've taken. Try shooting them on a white background - it will make them sit more happily with the others.

Try and change some of the text! I know you will end up going round in circles ( I sell golf balls and you can imagine that there are only so many ways to say Far, round, white ,soft and they go in the hole real easy - but it has to be done. It just looks too repetitive.

Toys: Whats with the file structure menu of subcats? Is this an error? Otherwise you must find another way as its HORRIBLE like that - sorry!!

Contact us: Something - anything!

Finally I think that I would drop 2 text size points on all text in the "Site pages" menu it just too big for me and for no real advantage. It makes me scroll alot when I could read it easily, smaller. Check with others who use other screen resolutions and types - but thats my feeling

Overall though I think it looks great and if I were still in the uK I would be happy to come across your site.

Good luck

Jim

Hi sorry to be a party pooper but i've got this:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/goobermods/Coupon_Giftcard_Manager/vp_part1.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xvuqvuh/public_html/store/includes/content/viewProd.inc.php on line 172

at the top of personalised- I guess you might want to try running through the gift card mod install again. Otherwise I think the site looks good.

My first observations are:

The last page or so of shoes: The images are poor compared with those that went before - Its very obvious that these are shots you've taken. Try shooting them on a white background - it will make them sit more happily with the others.

Try and change some of the text! I know you will end up going round in circles ( I sell golf balls and you can imagine that there are only so many ways to say Far, round, white ,soft and they go in the hole real easy - but it has to be done. It just looks too repetitive.

Toys: Whats with the file structure menu of subcats? Is this an error? Otherwise you must find another way as its HORRIBLE like that - sorry!!

Contact us: Something - anything!

Finally I think that I would drop 2 text size points on all text in the "Site pages" menu it just too big for me and for no real advantage. It makes me scroll alot when I could read it easily, smaller. Check with others who use other screen resolutions and types - but thats my feeling

Overall though I think it looks great and if I were still in the uK I would be happy to come across your site.

Good luck

Jim

Actually I just found that the Gift Card Mod error comes up once you go into a product page - all of them from what I could see - so it's not just "personalised" that is affected

Well Done - that's much better :errm:

Guest semolinapilchard

thanks ballesdegolf - im learning by trial and error lol!!!

will change the text size in the site docs - the shoes are made by 2 different companies, the 2nd being a home based venture so as i get the products i will be getting hubbie (photographer in training) to do some professional ones but i will see if i can touch them up in photoshop.

i totally understand the different product descriptions and im working on a best seller symbol and will try and be a little more creative.

Guest semolinapilchard

any advice on how to change the sub catergories in toys on my store - i agree with Jim that it looks crap but dont know how to change it.

i tried putting thumbnail images in but they all overlapped and looked cack!!!

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

any advice on how to change the sub catergories in toys on my store - i agree with Jim that it looks crap but dont know how to change it.

i tried putting thumbnail images in but they all overlapped and looked cack!!!

I don't know what anyone else may think - and I'm not professional - but it might look better if you remove all the product from this catagory and then put it ONLY in the subcats. Thsi would allow you to dedicate the whole page to thumbnails or even create unique images for each subcat. If you don't already know it there is a fix for the "no products in this cat" here

Guest semolinapilchard

i have moved the toys into the various cats and have deleted the "no prods" but after putting an image on 2 cats they overlap and are huge???

anyone know how to organise this section and get it looking tidy???

thanks jim for your help :errm:

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

i have moved the toys into the various cats and have deleted the "no prods" but after putting an image on 2 cats they overlap and are huge???

anyone know how to organise this section and get it looking tidy???

thanks jim for your help :errm:

Put them into photoshop and reduce to 40px x 40px maybe and call them catsqwish.jpg for example. If anyone has any better ideas? :D

ps I would stick to a single image size and format - I notice that the first image is narrower than the second.

Guest semolinapilchard

hopefully it is all sorted now!!!

would like your opinion -

what do you think about the giftcards? the choice of sending the code by email or sending it in a greetings card to the recipient??

parties page - what do you think??

is there anything im missing off the site docs ie t & c's etc...

thanks people!!!

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there again

Everything looks much better now! Well done.

My final observations would be:

Shoe photos - recrop all shoe photos on page two - so that they do not have the frame of colour and then resize to the same size as the photo's on page one. White backgrounds for photos on page three as before.

Privacy Policy - the only site doc to have align centre - why?

Justify Left like the rest.

Great work - well done and good luck

Jim