Customers don't click "UPDATE" to add shipping...

Guest potterygirl

Guest potterygirl

how can I re configure the shipping page for the customer. NO ONE clicks the "update basket" button to add their shipping in to the order. Therefore I have to go back and contact the customer and "ask" or "alert" them of the extra charge. This irritates a lot of customers and then they throw that "well it should be free for the inconvenience". So I have to eat the cost.

Is there a way to get around this so that they don't hit continue and off they go???

Thanks in advance...

~amy

How do you have shipping configured? I use by weight and my standard shipping is defaulted to unless they choose expedited (or free if it's over $x), but the default standard calculated by weight is always added as they checkout.

If you have $0 showing by default, you need to change it obviously.

Guest potterygirl

A link to your store would be helpful for us to see how you have it set up.

Thanks to one of the guys who has a mod shop...they alerted me to the bug in CC3 concerning my issue.

The shipping total and choices were showing up. That part was correct, BUT it's when they see the shipping amount and are okay with it...they DONT click UPDATE after they choose it, and click on continue that the price of the shipping is NOT calculated into the order. Even if I had ONLY one choice for shipping it wasn't being totaled into the Final order amount.

I have it sort of resolved now, but USPS and UPS decided NOT to work for me last night so I have no idea if this is a bug with CC3 or on their websites. All was working fine until I updated to CC3.

www.clayandsoapstudio.com

Guest Mrs. B.

Omigosh, this is crazy! It totally goes against all logic. Move forward, keep right. Now all of a sudden, and one very specific point, we MUST to go all the way to the left to accept the shipping fees being added to the total? I would think clicking "Continue" after choosing my shipping option would suffice. How completely backwards. But then we don't even know that we MUST, we just get to go forward as though everything is okay when it's not! Crazy.

If anyone has a fix for this, I would be very grateful for you to post it here in detail, or a link if it is somewhere else. I (and I'm sure potterygirl) would be most grateful.

This seems to be the only problem left that I am trying to work out, and I would sure appreciate having it behind me.

(Also using verson 3.0.15)

Hmmm, which shipping mod are you using and are you using any mods? I have 9 stores using 3.0.15 using the shipping by weight module and have never had this problem - the shipping adds in just fine when you click continue - no "update" required.

Guest Mrs. B.

Thanks for asking, Robsta & Mysty.

My shipping config is set up for USPS:

First Class, Letter (Container Type), True (Machinable)

Priority Mail, Regular (Package Size), Flat Rate Envelope (Container Type), Dimensions = 14x12x3x2 (I'm guessing that doesn't matter because it's set to "Envelope", but ???)

Mods:

I have no 3rd party shipping Mods, the two I do have for the cart are:

Photo & Text Upload by Estelle @ cubecart.expandingbrain.com

SEO Mod by Joseph Rukshan Fonseka @ intimatewear.com.au/cc3_mods/

URL is magnetic-me.com

Thanks for your time looking into this.

ETA: Found name of SEO Mod Author

Edited by Mrs. B.

@Mrs. B

I have tested your cart and there is a cubecart bug! Please visit this link to see how to resolve it quick & easy. I posted this bug some time ago :)

potterygirl had the same issue she have mentioned me in her post above :)

BTW please do remove customer test test from your site :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kathuria

Could this also be the same issue on my site? I just set it up and I am finding that the shipping costs are not being sent to my payment gateway although they appear in the final costs in the cart. I have tried UPS and also other fixed weight options, and nothing seems to work. I have CubeCart Version 3.0.15. Help please!

Could this also be the same issue on my site? I just set it up and I am finding that the shipping costs are not being sent to my payment gateway although they appear in the final costs in the cart. I have tried UPS and also other fixed weight options, and nothing seems to work. I have CubeCart Version 3.0.15. Help please!

Yes it could be the issue. Please do upgrade to the latest 3.0.17 version OR just do apply the fix mentioned above (the same fix in 3.0.17)