what is the release date for the final cc4?

Guest slee

i know its in beta testing at the moment but is there an anticipted date that the final version will be released?

will it have seo friendly urls?

Guest Brivtech

i know its in beta testing at the moment but is there an anticipted date that the final version will be released?

will it have seo friendly urls?

Beta 1 testing was completed at an incredible rate. After Beta 2, if there's not too many new strange bugs, hopefully, it'll then go for the security audit. This can take a while, because the auditors are quite thorough.

When it comes back from auditing, there'll need to be some last minute programming, before it can finally be released either as a release candidate (Which may still contain some minor bugs), or a stable release, which would be 4.0.0.

My guess is that this could take up to 2 months at the most. Al is far better qualified to answer this, and hopefully he'll cut my estimate in half.

There's also the issue of pricing, and I think Al's been too busy on the programming to finalise pricing details, and quite possibly wants to wait until nearer the release date before he offers anything more there.

As far as SEO friendly URLs go, it has them already! You need to go into the general configuration, and scroll right down to the bottom, there is where you adjust the settings. When you make changes, you may need to scroll back down to see more options afterwards.

As far as SEO friendly URLs go, it has them already! You need to go into the general configuration, and scroll right down to the bottom, there is where you adjust the settings. When you make changes, you may need to scroll back down to see more options afterwards.

can you explain further please or if possible show ascreenshot for what i should be looking for - thanks :)

i thought for version 3 we had to use the seo mod?

i am very much looking forward to the new release thanks for the info ;)

Guest Brivtech

If you log into your administration control panel

Click General Settings from the menu

Scroll down to the bottom of the general settings menu, you'll see the SEO box.

To start with, there's just a couple of options. Each time you update it, there'll be more options appearing, and you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the General Settings page to update these new settings.

Depending on your configuration, your settings you end up using may be different, but here's a screenshot as requested, showing how mine has ended up looking after updating the options a few times.

hmm bit odd i dont have an seo box. ive got version 3.0.16 is there anything i need to do?
This is the v4 forum. For v3 support post in the v3 forums. For third-party mod support (which the SEO mod is when talking about v3), post in the third-party mod forums at cubecartforums.org.

Guest Brivtech

hmm bit odd i dont have an seo box. ive got version 3.0.16 is there anything i need to do?

I think you managed to confuse me.

- This forum is indeed for version 4. When you asked your question, I assumed (wrongly) that you were a V4 beta tester, so directed my answer and showing you where to find the SEO part.

Robsta's answer is right, V3 support and third party mods are not dealt with here, but your general enquiry about whether V4 has SEO? answer is a simple YES - it has the former SEO MOD programmed into it as part of the system. Version 3 and lower, require a third party SEO modification.

Guest Brivtech

OmniIt quoted $72,000 - Thats a little over our budget to say the least. Can't get hold of Gulftech. Godammit. Hmph

Good £ to $ exchange rate in your favour at the moment though al. :D

$72,000 ?!?!?!?

Boy, am I in the wrong end of this business!

Off to Amazon.com to buy "Security Auditing for Dummies". I'll fire off a quote as soon as I'm finished reading it! :)

Guest Brivtech

It's certainly a lucrative business, and something that not enough companies consider. For some other work I'm doing, I've been quoting against 4 other companies, (top quote was £20000), and not one of them mentioned the fact that their system had or could be security audited to the client.