Help. I dont understand

Guest nicknoo

Guest nicknoo

Firstly I know nothing about computing. But I am trying to get cubecart to work for me. My host is "oneandeoe.co.uk" I have opened a new file on my webspace and called it Cubecart. I have uploaded the cubecart files to it and that went okay. But when I open Internet Explorer and type in the address, e.g. www.mywebsite/cubecart/ I just get a "oneandone" error page. Reading cubecart instructions tells me that I need a MySQL database installed. What is this. Do you have to buy it or is it free. And where do I put it. Do I upload it to the file that I created "cubecart". Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

The database holds all the information for your store and when someone makes a purchase or looks at a product, all the information on their computer is 'pulled' or 'called' from the database. Most hosting companies support databases and they can be easily set up from your hosting control panel. The database is a set of tables that get populated during the set up process and every time you add a product or an image or a customer registers, the information is stored in the database for use at a later time. The database consists of a database name, a password and a user name. This information you will need for the set up of Cube Cart so call your host and ask them how you set it up.

After the database is set up, you will go to your browser and type your url followed by /install. It looks like this if your files are in a directory called cubecart. This directory can be called almost anything by the way or the files can just be in your root directory:

http://www.yoursite/cubecart/install

If the files are in your root directory, usually a directory on your server called public_html or httpdocs, you would type:

http://www.yoursite/install

The installation should begin and you will fill in the blanks with information asked for. As stated above you will need the server name: usually localhost (but ask your host what this is) database name, user name and password.

If you need more help please PM me and I'll help you further.

I am trying to test my website in my local machine before uploading it. I have my local PC enabled for PHP and SQL. Please tell me where do I reside my sql database file. All the CubeCart files are stored in www folder of the PHP program.

To install CC on your computer or on a thumbdrive, or any device without an Internet connection, click on Search (above you here) and search for EasyPHP.

There also are video tutorials. Click above on Support and you'll find a link to them.