A JOKE!

Well folks I am really sorry to say this but this CUBECART is a disaster (for me anyway). I have even forked out for the licence (silly boy) and I just can not get my head round it AT ALL! I cannot get any support AT ALL, cannot get my logo onto it (correctly) and find the whole thing a stress maker to say the least. I have tried and tried and tried and spent hours and hours and hours trying to work it out to no avail. So it is back to oscommerce I go. At least there is far more support for oscommerce. Shame about the $59.95 that i have WASTED!!!! but there we go. You learn from your mistakes I suppose and I am sure it will go a little way to making Cubecart better than it is at the moment.

Cheers folks and for all you who get on with CUBECART and have managed to edit it satisfactorily, I take my hat off to you. You must be computer boffins and have stacks more patience than me.

I have listed questions on here. NO REPLIES!

I have emailed brooky. NO REPLIES!

I have tried to work it out for myself. NO LUCK!

Can't hack it anymore so I will try my luck (again) with OSCOMMERCE.

Take care.

SJC

sorry you feel like this I am the other way dropping oscommereance in favour of cubecart only hitting a problem now but hopefully will get this sorted.

As for computer boffins not me just read the all the new posts speak to people and pick up bits and try to learn that way

I'm Sorry you feel that way too.

I came here a couple of months ago with NO php, or database knowledge whatsoever. With a bit of perserverence, and research through the forums I can now do pretty much any mod alone!!

I think you have tried to do things too easy - there is a heap of knowledge and information in the forums, if you take the time to sift through it!!!!!

Good luck with OSC.

Dave.

:D

I'll add good luck with it too, lol. I just dropped both OSC and Zencart to try cube cart and so far have found it much easier to work with :) Its simpler.. less things to screw up :D

Hello folks.

CubeCart is still in very very early days and I have to stress as it says in our license agreement that no support is offered in a license purchase. We get a phenominal amount of emails every day which is growing exponentially and we simply can't answer them all. Please only purchase a license when you are completely happy with the product. :) Thats why there is a 100% complete trial. You can't be fairer than that. :D

I'm sorry CubeCart hasn't worked for you, however your license key will be valid with the next release version which will be FAR superior in every sense.

Thanks to everybody for their continual support.

Maybe with a little help with your problem it can be fixed and youll realize that Cubecart is alot easier to make your own than any other cart out there...

Post what you need help with or email me, Idont know much but have learned alot in just 2 months...

[email protected]

How can you swear by OScommerce when it takes a masters degree just to install it?

I am barely a high school graduate thats alot of reading Id have to do lol

email me @ [email protected] maybe I can help ya

Ed

Personally I think osc is too much work to make mods. Cubecart on the other hand is easy. osc does have larger support base, but as stated cubecart is still a new cart.

I believe that you do not have the patience to be able to slate the cart as you have!

It is a shame that you didnt have time or patienc to give it a go, it is a very good cart, yeah it has its bugs, but they are easily ironed out!

Good luck with OSC (you will need it)

Paul

Hi,

I am at a loss as to how anyone cannot get Cubecart to work. I too tried Oscommerce and couldnt get it to work at all. I have been using Cubecart since May this year with absolutely no php knowledge and have a great modded store thanks to the guys on this forum. Questions aren't always answered immediately - that is because we are all in different time zones, we all have different commitments and at the end of the day any help given is given for free anyway. I have found that by being patient and waiting for a reply I have always received a good answer. Some questions are asked so frequently I think people just dont have the time to reply always. By searching the forum I think the answer is there already to 99% of the questions that are being asked.

A lot of my suppliers still use OsCommerce and I look at their sites and forget whose site I am on as they all seem identical to me. I cant say the same of Cubecart, if I can figure out how to add a logo (I resized it to work with the cart as I though the cart was more important than the size of the logo!) and personalise the pages and even add some pretty good mods then anyone can.

If I ever get the shop to start paying for itself I will purchase the licence with pleasure - as it is I am grateful to be able to use this fantastic software until that time comes. (Fingers crossed it will be here by Xmas - please!)

Brooky has created a fantastic product that deserves a little bit more time and effort. It certainly deserves credit. It is a shame that you could find the time to sulk on here and not the time to read the helpful answers that people have already taken the trouble to answer.

Yours in disgust