Writing a script that automatically changes General Settings

Jayphen

I am trying to write a script that, when run, automatically modifies some of the General Settings to pre-specified values (country to Australia, weight to Kg, currency to Australian dollars etc).

The reason I am doing this is because I skin & set up stores regularly (at least 2 a week), and am always making the same changes to the same settings. I've written a script already that when run, sets the tax up how I want it, removes the currencies not needed and adds some new ones. These were pretty straight forward scripts, because it was just a matter of executing some SQL queries. I've run into a wall when it comes to anything in the General Settings though, because of the fact that they are all stores in a serialized array. How would I go about writing a script to change some specific settings in the array?

You can easily modify the config array with the functions built in to CubeCart. You just need to examine how CC does it and duplicate that. It's really not that hard. Your script should include the CC functions.

;)