Unable to get cart to show products, details from DB

Guest PurpleWay

Guest PurpleWay

I had upgraded to V3.0.16 and all was working well. I had taken over as webmaster to get the cart and site working that had been dorment for a year. The client wanted to change hosting providers,so I followed instructions at CubeCart on transferring the db and all files. First, the db would not show in php,yadmin, but that has since been fixed by a tech at the new hosting company. I had errors in the cart itself, so decided to install a fresh CubeCart. Although I will need to do some edits to the index.php file and some other files, I can't figure out why no existing products are showing....I've lost the inventory, although the db exists. Can anyone help? - Frank

My best bet would be to make sure your settings match your new hosts information in global.inc.php. This is usually the cause of database problems.

Otherwise, you might try doing a repair on the database thru phpmyadmin.

Guest PurpleWay

Mysty,

The database is intact...and the global.inc.php file is populated with "localhost" as database server. Could it be that the original database passeord is stored in the database itself, and I should not have reset to a different password? I kept the original db name, but assigned myself as the user with a different password than that which was used on the original hosting provider. I'm not keen on database management, but I'm trying to determine what's wring. I did purchase support from CubeCart, just waiting to hear from them.

Thanks,

-Frank

My best bet would be to make sure your settings match your new hosts information in global.inc.php. This is usually the cause of database problems.

Otherwise, you might try doing a repair on the database thru phpmyadmin.

I would check with your hosting company and make sure they use localhost as the database path. Some use an ip address or other information.

As long as you set the password thru mysql, it would match.

decided to install a fresh CubeCart.

In this fresh installation, (page 3 of the install script) did you keep the checkbox setting to "Drop existing tables?"

I don't think I'm wrong when I say that (due to personal experience), with this box checked, existing tables with the same name are deleted and fresh, empty tables are created.

At least you don't get server or script errors saying "Unable to access database."

Guest PurpleWay

I'm still having problems with database issues. Moved hosting to a new provider. Upload of db to phpmyadmin. Cart shows products, but no product pictures. Can't login to admin with original login.

Getting this error:

MySQL Error Occured

1054: Unknown column 'failLevel' in 'where clause'

QUERY = SELECT adminId FROM CubeCart_admin_users WHERE username = 'admin' AND password = 'c5d165ef07098607df97943d95588781' AND failLevel < 5 AND blockTime < 1183874462