IE6 check please

Could someone please check http://www.egyptianmarketplace.com/index.p...at&catId=19 (and other pages) in IE6 for me and let me know if there are problems? Looks like its working better in IE7, Netscape and Firefox, but I cannot check IE6.

Customers were telling me there were no products appearing in IE6 and I *hope* I fixed it.

(I used the 3.0.16 template and stylesheet files with only slight modications this time dumping most of the other stuff I had done).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for checking Stevie.

I actually fixed the padding on the right column and adjusted the link size (and some text colors) probably right before you posted this :homestar:

Not sure what you mean by the "category description is missing image" - I don't use category images so can you be more specific?

All the products were showing okay though? That's my main concern of course.

Thanks again! I have to figure out how to dual install IE6 & 7 one of these days.

LOL bookmark me any time :homestar:

Weird on the image thing. I'll try hand coding the link instead of using fckeditors image insertion. Maybe it's doing something IE6 doesn't like. At least it's a minor thing!

Thanks again for checking! Now just have to update my other 8 sites the same way! :w00t:

Mysty,

Why not install windows VPC + IE6, I just did this a couple of days ago and it saves a lot of headaches.

One thing I would say is you need a lot of memory and a fast processor to get the real benefit as it uses a lot of rescources, but worth it if your using Vista and skinning.

I got it so I can design while away from my desktop and only have my laptop with Vista and it works well as you can see all browsers over main and virtual o/s's which I think is far more convenient than dual boot.

just a thought :homestar:

Burgensteen

My desktop doesn't have the resources to run VPC & IE6 and my laptop has needed to go in for repairs for nearly a year. Should be sending it off sometime this week - keeps shutting itself off. Both have XP, not Vista. Some of my programs don't have Vista versions yet so no plans to update any time soon.

Looked at this option a while back and it made my head hurt. I'm semi-technical, not totally technical and have my "blonde" moments.

Thanks for the suggestion though - I'll look into it when I get my laptop back.

Mysty, it is a very minor bug - IE peekaboo bug - not too difficult to fix. But is is not a minor problem for your customers on IE6, because they can't see any subcategory titles or the image Steve mentioned.

screenshot

Mysty, the page looks great! :o Who needs gallery view? I like the new page setup.

I'm sorry to see that you are still having peekaboo issues, but will be glad to help resolve them for you.

Guest fullt

Hi Mysty -

The only thing that's odd is the large (4-5") white space at the bottom of the main description page, at the end of the words 'not see, please contact us as we can probably get it for you.'. There's also white space where it looks like a large thumbnail might go to the left of the same description. All four pages have the same large white space. I still think it looks great!