New uploader/installer features

Robsta

In Admin I see there is the new 'Package Installer' and 'Import Catelogue' features.

I have a few observations regarding them...

What format of files are both able to use? I can assume that 'Import Catelogue' will import .csv? That is a guess, but I shouldn't have to guess. What about the Package Installer? what file format should be uploaded?

Also, where do these files go? I've just uploaded a ZIP file, and I have no idea where it went, or what to do next with what I uploaded.

Perhaps a little more text on those pages might help.

Guest Brivtech

Exactly what I was asking with on languages, that apparently require this installer for them to work. ;)

Package installer is called module installer on the menu option...

Note: Currently, Package Installer can only install and upgrade payment gateways, skins, and languages

I did manage to get a new skin working without it - But the logo change function pretended the new skin didn't exist, and used the default skin logo.

I prefer FTP. You know where you are with FTP ;)

Just add to this, I use a CMS package named "Simple CMS". This has a nice module import system.

Basically, it lists available modules on the devs site, or I can simply download to my local PC and browse/upload as normal.

The files are XML format, with the PHP code being embedded inside, and checksummed.

FTP is nice (and works!), but apart from the initial install, it would be nice if CC didn't need FTP skills.

Jason