First Store Finally Live

Guest The Snuffman

Guest The Snuffman

Hi,

I have finally found a store that I can customise easily enough so praise be to cubecart!!

Needed something quick and easy to adapt to be like my main site which is www.snufftobacco.co.uk

The store is located at www.snufftobacco.co.uk/snuffsupermarket.

Major problem that I had was getting a payment processing company to take my orders as most of them won't deal with tobacco products! I got a lovely email from Paypal telling me this after I had spent the best part of a week setting up my online store with Drupal Ecommerce and paypa, arghhhh.

Anyway, I only have a few products on the site at the moment, but any feedback and tips would be more than welcome.

The law is changing soon so I will have to add a sort of over 18 gateway page on the front of this site, where users have to submit their date of birth so if anyone has any good code they could point me to for this I would really appreciate.

Happy Snuffin'

The Snuffman

Guest The Snuffman

I have a really annoying problem I can't seem to get to the bottom of.....

If you view my site at www.snufftobacco.co.uk/snuffsupermarket then the site works fine.

However, I have asked my hosting company to set up www.snuffsupermarket.co.uk as an alias to this. If you then access the site on this URL, the images on the featured product are broken on the homepage, as the path adds an extra '/snuffsupermarket'. I have looked in the templates to see if there is any missing slash or something in the path but cant seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

The Snuffman

Guest webicon

Site is looking good

Am interested to know more about this law change that would require you to ask the age of your customers?

Depending on what the law is - I'm sure a plain html entry page would be fine-

add a form with two radio buttons:

1 radio button says 'I'm under 18' and if checked takes the user to a page that says 'sorry your too young' and the other radio button says 'I'm over 18' when checked takes through to the index.php page...

I dont think it matters how you put the question - If someone is going to lie about their age - you cant stop them!)

I'm assuming the gateway page is to afford you some kind of protection/good practice in case of under-age purchasing?

On one of my customers sites (where they sell alcohol gifts) they have approached this subject by limiting payment methods to credit card only (they dont take debit card) - In UK at least you have to be 18 to obtain credit/credit card- and so as far as they are concerned all transactions are by people over 18.

Again not fool-proof but if tyou rying to show you have traded in good faith of the law it may be worth thinking about....