My First CC Store - Second attempt

Olá galera.

Well, I installed CC3 in November 2006 and since then I made many changes, mainly in the code. Adding MODs (free and comercial) and "tweaking" some lines of code...

I was busy on that and I left the design forgot it. Just made a few design changes at the beggining... just basic modifications for the banner and footer

So, I decided to read a little more about CSS code and give it a try.

This is my first real attempt on the store design:

http://www.bahia-capoeira.com/

Please, feel free to comment. All sugestions and critics are welcome :huh:

Cya

Alvaro

PS: By the way, thanks to markscarts, convict, Estelle, Kinetic, Goober, vrakas and many others for their MODs and useful tips here on the forum. :)

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Hi there

I think your site is looking great! Well done you. It put my first site to shame :huh: . I am using Firefox and I get a weird alignment issue in the right side of the right column when I browse Categories ie Accessories. There are whitre areas sticking out next to the boxes in the right column breaking up the right hand orange area.

When browsing the store in Spanish the Quantity discount boxes at the bottom of a product page break up slightly - they are fine in English though. Its because "Economía:" doesn't line up with the percentages.

Otherwise the site is bright and vibrant.

Well done and good luck!

Jim

Hey guys

Tudo bem?

I really apreciate your sugestions and concerns :)

Tips wrote down, checked and fixed

Stevie68, burgensteen, about the font color of the boxes... yeah, I was thinking the same... just a little change: #666 for #333 ;)

I am using Firefox and I get a weird alignment issue in the right side of the right column when I browse Categories ie Accessories. There are whitre areas sticking out next to the boxes in the right column breaking up the right hand orange area.

Hey Jim, thank you my friend... you pointed me a big bug... And wasn't because Firefox... I always test the modifications in IE and Firefox.

The problem was me :blink:

The flash Clothes Interactive Catalogs was 10px wider (I spell it right?) for the new modifications.

I fixed now... Many thanks.

When browsing the store in Spanish the Quantity discount boxes at the bottom of a product page break up slightly - they are fine in English though. Its because "Economía:" doesn't line up with the percentages.

Me again :huh:

But this problem is inside the product code, edited with the FKC editor... So, I will have to make the changes inside each product with the problem. :)

By the way, I installed the new version of FKC editor (v2.4.3) ( http://www.fckeditor.net ) two weeks ago... to solve the problem with Firefox and my swf files. Much better than the older version.

Well, thanks again guys, for your nice words but maily for pointed me the problems

Any other bug you find or sugestion please feel free to talk :)

Take care

Um abraço

Alvaro

Hey guys...

I made some new small modifications...

Basically I hard coded the styleTemplates\global\index.tpl file

I feel like was a thing shouldn't be done... */*

Something like a sacrilege for the most purist CSS code writers... hehehe

But can't resist the temptation... :^^:

Anyway, Im working now to redeem myself... :yeahhh:

I will add some new lines in the CSS files to create the same effect and with that I could take off the modifications inside the index.tpl and leave it clean as should be ... amen!

I will post the news here

cya

Um abraço

Alvaro