Can't login to admin

Guest gwizard

Guest gwizard

I've just installed Beta2.1 on my localhost XAMPP (Windows, Apache 2, MySQL, PHP5) and for some reason I cannot login to admin.

Front works ok (a little slow though), but when I try to login into admin it just goes back to the regular login screen. No errors, no nothing. Tried in multiple browsers - nothing.

Any ideas ? :D

Guest Brivtech

I'm stumped on this one myself. I'm guessing you've probably tried clearing cookies.

Are you using the admin with SSL? if so, you need to first check the use secure mode box, then enter your details after the page refreshes.

Guest gwizard

I'm stumped on this one myself. I'm guessing you've probably tried clearing cookies.

Are you using the admin with SSL? if so, you need to first check the use secure mode box, then enter your details after the page refreshes.

Cookies are not the issue here since I used 2 separate "virgin" browsers.

SSL is not enabled since this is the first time I am trying to access the admin.

I am thinking it might be license issue, so I've double checked that the license key is intact and correct.

It is and on the CP it shows localhost as my host. Perhaps this still is a license issue and it doesn't support 127.0.0.1 as IP ?

Al ?

Cookies are not the issue here since I used 2 separate "virgin" browsers.

SSL is not enabled since this is the first time I am trying to access the admin.

I am thinking it might be license issue, so I've double checked that the license key is intact and correct.

It is and on the CP it shows localhost as my host. Perhaps this still is a license issue and it doesn't support 127.0.0.1 as IP ?

Al ?

definitely not a licence issue, you'd know if it was. sounds like some kind of sessions/cookie problem, we had this before. haveyou got any kind of netfiltering/firewall software running?

Guest gwizard

Since CC is on localhost I fail to see how firewall can be an issue. Specially, since the install went fine and I can browse front end without a problem.

Proxy is disabled.

Cookies and JS are on.

No filtering software.

What else could it be ?

• 2 weeks later...

This is known COOKIE domain name parameter issue. The quick solution:

classes/session/cc_admin_session.php

SEARCH FOR

setcookie($name, $value, $expires, $GLOBALS['rootRel'], $this->get_cookie_domain($GLOBALS['storeURL']));

USE THIS CODE

setcookie($name, $value, $expires, $GLOBALS['rootRel']);

Do the same for classess/session/cc_session.php if you would like to login as a customer :(

done a bit of research, and grilled al about it all, and apparently its all to do with the callback from some payment module-or-other

can someone who had this trouble, try out this bit of code for me....

change

setcookie($name, $value, $expires, $GLOBALS['rootRel'], $this->get_cookie_domain($GLOBALS['storeURL']));

to

setcookie($name, $value, $expires, $GLOBALS['rootRel'], '.'.$this->get_cookie_domain($GLOBALS['storeURL']));

and let me know if it still works

@estelle, qwizard

welcome :(

done a bit of research, and grilled al about it all, and apparently its all to do with the callback from some payment module-or-other

can someone who had this trouble, try out this bit of code for me....

change

to

setcookie($name, $value, $expires, $GLOBALS['rootRel'], '.'.$this->get_cookie_domain($GLOBALS['storeURL']));

and let me know if it still works

sorry, doesnt work. Using WAMP5 (PHP v5.2.2) on WinXP.