SSL Enabled Causing Major Problem in Admin

garywhitling

I looked at many posts about this but still none the wiser!

I have installed a secure certificate and set the ssl in admin. All works fine "Front End" no problems what so ever the change from Non Secure to Secure is seamless Perfect!

But, as soon as I log in to admin (which is now secure) My server has a flip out due to over 90 simultaneous connections to the server? this results in my IP address being banned for about 3 hours as the server thinks it is a malicious attack.

We have now made a small mod which enables us to turn on and off the secure for the admin area. If the admin is non secure all is ok.

Anybody have any suggestions as to why this problem occurs only when admin is secure?

:D

Guest Brivtech

Your settings seem to be correct, and your site seems to be correctly configured.

The basket is secure, and that's obviously not experiencing any problems.

I'm afraid I'm stumped on this one. :yeahhh:

You've got quite a few mods installed, I'm wondering if any of them is affecting the admin area - I can't see how, but it's a possibility.

My final suggestion would be to ask your hosting provider if they can provide you with details of the source of data that's crashing the server. That could point us to where the problem is originating.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi Brivtech,

Thanks for having a look, My client is happy with the current configuration at present but we would like to turn the admin area back to secure if at all possible.

I will see if I can get more information from the server to see if the cause can be pin pointed.

Once again thanks for having a look!

Regards

Gary