MySQL error "Incorrect integer value"

Laico

I'm using the latest version of CubeCart (3.0.16), and upgraded from MySQL 5.0.27-standard-log to 5.0.41-community-nt. Now I am unable to enable or disable any of the shipping modules. For example, trying to disable the free shipping module results in the following CubeCart error message:

MySQL Error Occured

1366: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'default' at row 1

QUERY = UPDATE CubeCart_Modules SET `status`='0', `default`= '' WHERE module = 'shipping' AND folder = 'Free_Shipping'

In the CubeCart_Modules table, the "default" column is an int(1) that cannot be set to null and has a default value of 0.

Apparently, CubeCart is trying to set that column to the default value, and doing so by trying to set it to an empty string. This doesn't seem right. Anyone know anything about this problem?

...upgraded from MySQL 5.0.27-standard-log to 5.0.41-community-nt.

When you upgraded, did you make a note as to whether you invoked "strict mode" or not?

Right now, I am studying CC3.0.16 code (and third-party mods using a 'black-box' technique) to determine if there are any problems when using MySQL in Strict mode.

Based on your reply, I'll add your comments to my list.

Error 1366 is kinda common in this situation, especially if you get "comma-comma for column..." indicating an empty string or null numeric value.

Thanks for the reply! It pointed me in the right direction. Yes, when I upgraded versions of MySQL, I didn't just do an install over the existing one (because it complained about the old password no longer being valid, even though they were the same -- go figure...). That forced me to do a clean reinstall. When I did that, I followed the advice of the installer, and left strict mode on. I must not have done that way back when I installed the previous version, because I was able to solve the problem by editing my.ini, finding "sql-mode", and removing "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES". This solve the problem, and I was able to change the shipping module settings. Thanks again!