CubeCart Extension for Firefox

Anybody been wondering what xml.php in the beta root is for? It's for the CubeCart Firefox Extension!

This is a simple little icon that lives in your Firefox status bar, and tells you if you have any new orders, or stock warnings.

It's very simple. just install it, restart firefox, and its there!

to configure it, click the icon, and select 'Settings...' from the menu

the settings are:

Store URL: the complete path to your store install. e.g. www.example.com/store

username: your admin username

password: your admin password

check for updates: how often you want it to check your server in minutes

you can download it here

edit: once downloaded, just open the file with firefox, and it'll prompt to install

I'm spoiling you lot!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yipeee !!! a new toy to play with

Ill get back after I install and try it out.

Thanks (oh and by the way, the Mr T avatar is scaring me :) )

Mr. T pities the fool who fears the avatar

Yipeee !!! a new toy to play with

Ill get back after I install and try it out.

Thanks (oh and by the way, the Mr T avatar is scaring me :D )

Mr. T pities the fool who fears the avatar

:):)

Cool feature. :D

... how is it installed?

The help file in Firefox (at least on Linux) isn't giving me any information on how to install the extension. When I click the link provided, I get an option to download the file, but no recognized application to open it.

Is there a specific folder that it needs to be moved to?

Any plans for an IE extension?

none at all! <_<

but seriously, IE is a hell of a lot harder to create extensions for, and i don't know enough to even try

can't you just install firefox? :errm:

Alan, just download the file in your home folder and then open it from Firefox by using File->Open file...
This doesn't work for me. If I select the ZIP, it displays the download dialog. If I open the .rdf after unzipping it, i get the file contents in the browser.

Robsta,

You should be getting an .xpi file, not a zip file.

When I click on the link that Martin provided, I get a ZIP download... CubeCart-Toolbar-1.0beta.zip

Anyway, now I know it's an xpi, I've renamed it and installed it no probs <_< Thanks.

For future reference the best way to do this is use Firefox to click the link. The guys have obviously created a PHP script which detects what browser you are using. If you download in IE it downloads a zip with the correct files. Firefox will download the xpi. You can then just select in Firefox to open the file in Firefox and hey presto.

For future reference the best way to do this is use Firefox to click the link. The guys have obviously created a PHP script which detects what browser you are using. If you download in IE it downloads a zip with the correct files. Firefox will download the xpi. You can then just select in Firefox to open the file in Firefox and hey presto.
I did try it with FF as well, still got the ZIP.

hmmm, this is all very odd

theres not actually any detection, we've got a .htaccess file which is *theoretically* supposed to send the right headers to firefox to install the extensions, and the php file just redirects you to the xpi file (was the only way to do it linking from the forum)

i'll go have a fiddle and see if i can sort it all out

anyway, has anyone got any feedback for the extension itself? <_<

edit: just tweaked the toolbar microsite to have a landing page, where you'll be asked if you want to install it

A very good start I would say. But is there anyway that a little window could pop up like in messenger or something as you would have to keep rolling your mouse over it to know something new has happened. Obviously the picture changes but if your selling every min you wouldnt know it updated. Also is there anyway to log straight into the admin or is this to do with security?

A very good start I would say. But is there anyway that a little window could pop up like in messenger or something as you would have to keep rolling your mouse over it to know something new has happened. Obviously the picture changes but if your selling every min you wouldnt know it updated. Also is there anyway to log straight into the admin or is this to do with security?

funnily enough, the code is in there, but it started to drive me mad. i'll create a new option in the setting, and enable the code

funnily enough, the code is in there, but it started to drive me mad. i'll create a new option in the setting, and enable the code

Good work. I will test it if you wish.

Have you found a security auditor by the way?

Good work. I will test it if you wish.

Have you found a security auditor by the way?

well, i've uploaded the new version, open your add-ons window in firefox, and check for updates to get the new version

as for the security auditor, we're still looking <_<