Trouble moving Domains - Any idea greatly appreciated

Guest eric47905

Guest eric47905

First off, I am using cube cart ver 3.14

It has many mods big and small done to it, including the seo mod

I have cubecart set up on my sandbox site at http://xincensecart2.onlineknowledgebank.com

It works great and I finally have it to the point where I want it so I am trying to move it to http://xincense.com

I installed cubecart, then copied in all of the modded files, and doublechecked my global.inc.php file and it is pointing correctly to everything.

You can go to the site and everything looks fine, but if you try to open any of the site docs on the bottom nav bar, or go into the details of a product, it goes to a page not found error.

When you click on the nav links for a category, the products show fine, and you can even add them to your cart, but if you click the picture, the name, or the more button to where it would go into the detail page of the specific item, it simply goes to the page not found.

Now I am by far no php or sql power user, but I dont think it is the database causing the error. I created a new database, then imported a backup from the current one in the sandbox site, I went through it line by line and it seems to be identical.

Also when I go into the admin side, under site docs and products, the full pages and descriptions and pictures and everything show there just fine. I even tried adding a new item. It added fine, and when I search for it in the site, it pulls right up but again if you click the picture or the name or the more, it goes to page not found.

This seems to be the only error so far, but it is a big one. :D

Guest Brivtech

It's an issue with the SEO MOD.

Please contact the author of this mod for support - Only CubeCart core issues are covered here.

Guest eric47905

I know mods are not discussed here, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the full extent of what could be the issue.

What do you think would be wrong with the .htaccess file? And i didnt notice any url ref's in the database itself, so what exactly are you meaning export it and edit the references out?

Thanks

Guest eric47905

Export your database and open in Notepad. Do a search for http://xincensecart2.onlineknowledgebank.com. f any references are found, change them to the new domain. You might try disabling the seo mod.

Two things I found, both of you are on the right track, so thanks for your pointing and at least i see where my troubles are. The seo mod is causing issues, so I will seek out the author, but the sql database is having issues as well though and thats what I will continue on here...

I see that this might be a part of the trouble, I did what you said and you are right on spot, it has some 100 odd references to the old domain name. However if I export the database and try to change them and import it to the new database, it comes up with the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error

There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:

----BEGIN CUT----

eNqdU9FumzAUffdX3IdKTaVAgKZN5akPjHhpWiBZIJ32lDjgrkhgM2OS8G192CftF2anyzZprVYN

yX4499xzzr0AWSxmCwyBC4EHIYkxuODBleOhJNX4E0LBfYLhZJpjaL6WNZUNk3ZZbOz6se5vwbOH

I/Ac53LguAN3BO4IOx4+dyDrNkKtVAVkX8MJirrkY4jhwnZsb0itRlGeU5lbpfiClskCZkkf/AmJ

0z7cE238qeAwJXBpO2ge+Vj7XNnaC81v5obQn+lQQ3tojyAseLtHoR9PMDButerBukIHs+9P3ywL

dM6o8/NKC2oUxm1VIw1vmWwKwX8Ja+hRqRoPBrvdzgxXddQ02ZwpUzTnRjQKQ9XpRdj7gmeMN8zO

RGVqE8aZpMpIpkXFMNy2JbgXfbOcEVAFroO9EcwjQ06Y1P7HDMe1mMphviN8GPBoPqaKbmijlddH

7/WhZi7rPx90VE/ppmTQKNlmqpUMHoQEdcCM2ypoNyygUq3GYsdLQfPmp3ewIH5KIPXfh+RVKvQQ

wLrI11Bw1XPdM4hnKcTLMATaKrHS40hWMa76hpe1jRIVk9OX+Dl7oG2p4NQ5fSYbJyFzJldGf0tl

9khl79x7qee5hYs/kv3TgO3rQrI3EGspcr28N6WmWcaa5o51vxO7zquJ78jn5+31zH2GzoDEk2lM

rqNumvgR+Mt0tprG+lVE+ge69mBMPvjLMIXgxl8kJL0u9XfJ3b95734Ai0MlZw==

----END CUT----

----BEGIN RAW----

ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 1 2 802

STR: ?

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.47 2006/01/17 17:02:30 cybot_tm Exp $

MySQL: 5.0.24a-standard-log

USR OS, AGENT, VER: Win IE 6.0

PMA: 2.8.2.4

PHP VER,OS: 4.4.7 Linux

LANG: en-utf-8

SQL: -- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump

-- version 2.8.2.4

-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net

--

-- Host: mysql.xincense.com

-- Generation Time: Jul 15, 2007 at 10:27 PM

-- Server version: 5.0.24

-- PHP Version: 4.4.7

--

-- Database: `xincense`

--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--

-- Table structure for table `xin_CubeCart_Downloads`

--

CREATE TABLE `xin_CubeCart_Downloads` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`customerId` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`cart_order_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

`noDownloads` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`expire` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`productId` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`accessKey` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',

KEY `id` (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

----END RAW----

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump -- version 2.8.2.4 -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net -- -- Host: mysql.xincense.com -- Generation Time: Jul 15, 2007 at 10:27 PM -- Server version: 5.0.24 -- PHP Version: 4.4.7 -- -- Database: `xincense` -- -- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table `xin_CubeCart_Downloads` -- CREATE TABLE `xin_CubeCart_Downloads` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `customerId` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `cart_order_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `noDownloads` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `expire` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `productId` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `accessKey` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '', KEY `id` (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '

CREATE TABLE `xin_CubeCart_Downloads` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_incre' at line 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I dont edit anything it will import fine, but when I go through and replace those it always errors out to this same message. I looked this up and an answer I found was that it was a compatibility issue between the sql types, but I am exporting the database and importing it to another database on the same server, i dont even exit from my php admin window.

Do you know why this might be caused when I change the http://xincensecart2.onlineknowledgebank.com to http://xincense.com

Like I said it is definately erroring out when I change this, since it will import fine before the edits.

Thanks