latest products on home pg :: make 2 columns

Guest galgammer

Guest galgammer

any help would be appreciated on how to make the Latest Products section on the home page into 2 columns.

thanks a million

<_<

The answer to that questions will depend a great deal on several factors, especially what skin are you using?

Take a look at the /skins/xxxxx/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl file to see how the Latest Products area is laid out in the default templates.

At least in the Legend skin, you will find that each listing is controlled by a CSS style

<div class="latestProds">

which you will find in /skin/xxxx/styleSheets/layout.css.

Within the CSS file, you can define a width of the Latest Products items, which in turn will define the number of them that will fit across the screen. There's a lot more you can do with the CSS too.

Guest galgammer

What vesrion CC you using ?

If you have '.latestprods' in your layout.css (at the very bottom) then just add 'margin: 10px;' or whatever px size you require.

using 3.0.16

I updated .latestProds to margin 55px. I'm not showing the default left side. I moved the original left side items show up on the right side. I changed the PAGE_CONTENT to show up on .colLeft and made .colLeft width: 540px; so I just have a nice big section of products and then all the little boxes on the right.

thanks!