Duplicate Products Codes

Guest downliner

Guest downliner

Hi all,

My store has over 3500 products and Ive just discovered that two of the products have the same product code. When a customer tried to add one of the products to there basket it was adding the item with the identical code.

EDIT : Major bug found in my CubeCart store. Please view my below post.

Many thanks,

Will

Guest downliner

I had a friend give me the correct SQL Statement this morning, here is the result:

Showing rows 0 - 449 (450 total, Query took 0.1263 sec)

SQL query:

SELECT count( * ) AS repetitions, productCode

FROM CubeCart_inventory

GROUP BY productCode

HAVING repetitions >1

LIMIT 0 , 450

450 duplicate product codes! Some of the codes have been repeated upto 6 times. Im guessing that is at least 1500 products that my customers are unable to order <_<

Guest downliner

I spent 8 hours yesterday manually editing the productCodes through phpmyadmin. It was well over 1000 products which had an identical productCode (meaning they could not be ordered by possible customers)

I would recommend other CubeCart users check there own store for this error. It only applies to you if you allow CubeCart to generate the productCodes, if you enter them manually you shouldnt have this problem.

Should I be reporting this to the Cubecart staff or someone? It seems like a pretty large bug to me.

• 3 years later...

Are you allowing cubecart to auto generate product codes?

I've always created my own with a combo of a code for the manufacturer/supplier and their product id so rarely have had this problem, so am wondering if you are letting them autogenerate?

I do miss cubecart 2's function that would not let you enter a duplicate product code. Perhaps that feature needs to be added back?