admin login error after upgrade

I've upgraded from 3.0.11 to 3.0.17 and the store look fine - but on trying to login (valid user/pw), I get the following error

MySQL Error Occured

1054: Unknown column 'failLevel' in 'where clause'

QUERY = SELECT adminId FROM CubeCart_admin_users WHERE username = 'xxxxxxxx' AND password = 'xxxxxxxxx' AND failLevel < 5 AND blockTime < 1184808325

If it helps, I did the upgrade by

backing up the existing dB as an uncompressed SQL file

dropping the tables from the dB

uploading and overwriting all the .17 "upload" folder but the skin folder

importing the tables from the original dB back into the server

I'm suspecting that the dB of .17 is not the same as .11 - and this may be just the first of a series of similar errors. But given my limited experience in MySQL, that may not be the issue all.

Before going further, I need informed advice. I'll provide access via PM to recognized members.

Any ideas, please?

I've upgraded from 3.0.11 to 3.0.17...

*backing up the existing dB as an uncompressed SQL file

*dropping the tables from the dB

*uploading and overwriting all the .17 "upload" folder but the skin folder

*importing the tables from the original dB back into the server

I've seen sage advice regarding updating: if you don't have the "changed files only" package, then a true and proper install is necessary, even if one presumes the differences between versions might not warrant it (because, invariably, you're wrong).

Then you can compare your skins files. Then you can import your tables from the SQL script created from the backup. If the script is accepted by the SQL parser properly, the script will just add the data to the already existing, up to date table structures, leaving blank data in the new columns.

So, presuming the "hack attack" prevention measure is a new feature past version .11, then the admin users that get added from the SQL script (your backup), won't have the "log attempt" count (I believe that would be the failLevel) and the "wait ten minutes" delay (I believe that would be the blockTime).

So I think overwriting a complete store with a complete "install package" without running the installer that creates the current version database structure was the wrong way to go - if that's what you did.

Well, so far, here's what I know . . . the dB for v3.017 contains two tables that do not exist in 3.0.11, "blocker" and "spambot."

That seems to be why I m getting the Admin login error.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix the situation I have?

In addition to what I've already tried, I did a fresh reinstall, created a new dB with the required 2 added tables and again imported the old dB into the new.

I'm thinking that my problem would be solved if I could edit the data in the appropriate table to add the settings that the error message says it wants "failLevel < 5 AND blockTime < 1184808325"

But I don't have a clue which tables and which row/columns to edit. I see there is blockTime in the blocker table; I don't find failLevel in any table.

Someone?

But I don't have a clue which tables and which columns to edit.

OK, well, failLevel is in the _admin_users table, third column from the last. blockTime is next to it. There should be at least one row in this table - you.

If you don't see these columns in the _admin_users table, then maybe your SQL client manager program (phpMySQL, for example) may have "pre-dropped" tables prior to the script putting them back in place.

Look for these columns. You can set the values for that row in those columns to 0.

• 3 months later...

But I don't have a clue which tables and which columns to edit.

OK, well, failLevel is in the _admin_users table, third column from the last. blockTime is next to it. There should be at least one row in this table - you.

If you don't see these columns in the _admin_users table, then maybe your SQL client manager program (phpMySQL, for example) may have "pre-dropped" tables prior to the script putting them back in place.

Look for these columns. You can set the values for that row in those columns to 0.

I'm having a similar error message when upgrading from 3.0.14 to 3.0.17.... I have copied all the files over and deleted the install folder and I to get the message:

QUERY = SELECT adminId FROM CubeCart_admin_users WHERE username = 'plato' AND password = 'xxxxx' AND failLevel < 5 AND blockTime < xxxxx.

I can't see any tab;es of Faillevel or BlockTime in the Admin_users table.... or any idea how they are supposed to get there. Also there is no upgrade.php to run for version 17...seems they stopped at 14...

Anyone know how this problem can be fixed or what my best course of action is to resolve it? I'm not a whiz at phpMyAdmin.

Any help appreciated?

Plato