Store looks great in Firefox, looks like crap in Internet Explorer

Guest thomasvr

Guest thomasvr

I found a few very old posts that touched on this subject, but I didn't find any definite answers.

I hope one of you kind people could help me with this.

I mainly use Firefox, and am very pleased with the way my store looks in FF, but in Internet Explorer there are a few display issues.

My store is at www.idealeyewear dot net

View it in IE7 and you'll see what I mean.

When viewing the store in IE, the title text of the boxes on both the left and right sides are cut off.

Also, if I have more than 4 "latest items" displayed on the homepage, the additional rows of products that are below the first row mash in with the row above it, making the prices unreadable because they are covered up by the item image from the row below it. I am currently only displaying 4 products in this box until I get this figured out.

I know that the majority of people use IE for browsing, and I really want this fixed because it really looks unprofessional. I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to buy from a site that can't even get their display right.

Any ideas?

Thanks

...the additional rows of products that are below the first row mash in with the row above it...

In IE (hopefully 7 is the same as 6), click View on the menu bar, then Text Size, then select "Smaller". See if the text lays out better. My initial impression is that IE shows unspecified by size fonts bigger than FF.

In /skins/Killer/styleSheets/style.css, look at around line 142 and 147. Add a font size in points and see if that will lock the lettering to a size that won't cause problems.

Guest thomasvr

...the additional rows of products that are below the first row mash in with the row above it...

In IE (hopefully 7 is the same as 6), click View on the menu bar, then Text Size, then select "Smaller". See if the text lays out better. My initial impression is that IE shows unspecified by size fonts bigger than FF.

In /skins/Killer/styleSheets/style.css, look at around line 142 and 147. Add a font size in points and see if that will lock the lettering to a size that won't cause problems.

Your right bsmither, IE must display unspecified fonts bigger than FF. I assigned a 12px font to the lines you suggested and it now looks much better. Thank you very much for your help! :)

One question though,

What is the default text viewing size in IE7? I think mine was originally set on "smaller". Do you think that this will also be the size that most IE7 surfers will be seeing?

Just curious.

Thanks

What is the default text viewing size in IE7?

Well, "Normal" is default, but I have not a clue as to what actually sets the font size for any of the Text Size settings.

But since you have now specified a font size, to override that, a user of IE will have to have made certain settings in their browser options that, in my opinion, they don't know enough about to change.

Guest thomasvr

What is the default text viewing size in IE7?

Well, "Normal" is default, but I have not a clue as to what actually sets the font size for any of the Text Size settings.

But since you have now specified a font size, to override that, a user of IE will have to have made certain settings in their browser options that, in my opinion, they don't know enough about to change.

Good point.

Problem solved, thanks again.