Not possible entering the shop administration

Guest chrossat

Guest chrossat

Hello,

I already have had this problem and exposed it on this forum but I didn't get a solution.

Yesterday everythin was OK. I worked the whole day on my admin and logged in many times during the day. (My shop is www.cgns.ch/shop/.

At the end of the afternoon, I tried one more time to log in and couldn't do it. The message was and is:

"Authentication failed. Try later one more time (translated from french: Authentification échouée. Réessayez plus tard.). What can that be? I didn't changed the administrator user-id nor password.

A week ago, when that happened, I tried to let me send a new password but I received nothing at [email protected]. So I installed the whole shop one more time but now I worked a lot on it and don't want to do the work one more time. And I don't dare to let me send a new password, because it is a new password and I don't receive it.

Has somebody an good idea to go out of this problem?

My administrator email is: [email protected]

My email settings in general parameters are:

Email address: [email protected]

Mail Sending Method: mail()

SMTP Host: empty

SMTP Port: empty

Use authentication? Yes

SMTP Username: empty

SMTP Password: empty

Thanks

chrossat

Guest chrossat

Hello,

Maybe one more question:

Is it possible to enter the administration by changing the password in the database?

The table is _admin_users. But the password is crypted.

Can I do something?

Thanks

chrossat

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

Guest chrossat

Thanks a lot Roban,

It works! And I know a little bit more on the md5 process!

What I don't know is why my passwords change without doing anything!!??

OK, have a good week.

chrossat