Lost Admin Password

Guest xxchrisukxx

Guest xxchrisukxx

HELP! I've just been messing around with administrators and made an account in which i don't know the password for the only admin. keep getting a 401 error when i try anything.

plus the admin account hasn't get a set email address so cant use forgot password utilty.

how can i retrieve/change the admin password?

Guest Noel muncey

HELP! I've just been messing around with administrators and made an account in which i don't know the password for the only admin. keep getting a 401 error when i try anything.

plus the admin account hasn't get a set email address so cant use forgot password utilty.

how can i retrieve/change the admin password?

You can go into your Database and change the password I think

Um, no. my investigations show that *all* passwords in the CC system are MD5 hashed. No actual passwords are stored.

But you can go into the database, administrators table and add an e-mail address to any row that doesn't have one. Then you can try the "Forgot password" function.

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

Guest EverythingWeb

Good tip there Roban, however a ever so slightly quicker shortcut is when you're in phpMyAdmin and your editting the Admin account row, type your new password in the box where the MD5 hash currently resides, and then to the left of the field is a drop down menu.

Select MD5 and save the row - you'll find that the result that is saved to the dbase is MD5 hashed :blink:

• 1 month later...
Guest critter

Good tip there Roban, however a ever so slightly quicker shortcut is when you're in phpMyAdmin and your editting the Admin account row, type your new password in the box where the MD5 hash currently resides, and then to the left of the field is a drop down menu.

Select MD5 and save the row - you'll find that the result that is saved to the dbase is MD5 hashed :)

Thanks guys, that tip is a HUGE timesaver.

Gerry