HELP!

Guest jess2precious

Guest jess2precious

Ok, so I hired a web designer to create my site. She has been a great help, but now is super busy and really has no time for me anymore. I have a few problems that I need corrected, but I get no response from her and they need to be fixed. I just opened my online boutique and there a few things that I think turn people away from my site. :wacko:

The first thing is:

On my home page (which I can't get to in case I want to change it) I want to be able to change the description about my store, maybe add some pictures to it. Here it is if you want to check it out:

www.2precious.com

Second thing:

I want people to be able to add comments such as if they were to buy a bracelet that needs to have a specific saying or name on it requested by them, I need a spot where they can type that when they go to purchase it on the actual item's page.

Third thing:

I am apart of several affiliate programs and so when I have their products on my page I need to be able to place their banner on my page so that when people click on it, it will direct them to the products page, but I can't figure out how to place banners on my page at all.

Fourth and last thing:

On my store home page(the one where it has my lastest products) I can't fix where the lastest products lettering is getting cut off. I have tried several things, but you can't read what the product is b/c the description is half there. I also want to be able to have more and I have figured that out, but other pages represent this part rather well and my just doesn't look that great.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I have so LOST with all of this. ;) I just can't figure any of it out. I have some computer experience, but none like my designer.

PLease help me if you can take the time!

Jessica :)

I can't fix where the latest products lettering is getting cut off. I have tried several things, but you can't read what the product is b/c the description is half there.

I'm viewing the contents of the left column in both IE and FF, and in FF the lettering is right there at the border of the box.

It appears you are using a modified Killer skin, but still, open the styleSheets/style.css file and look for the "li" group of settings.

I changed mine to this:

li {

list-style-position: outside;

margin: 0px 0px 0px 2em;

padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;

}

Your mileage may vary.

Also in layout.css, look at the .boxContentLeft class. My store has a padding-left value of 5px. Yours has zero. Maybe if you add some, the graphic might come off the edge of the box container.

CubeCart doesn't specify a font size for product descriptions. In style.css, look for the class .txtDefault and give some thought to adding a font-size:12pt; to it.

The reason for that is because, apparently, IE renders text with no size info slightly bigger than FF.

FF also doesn't position your Search box correctly.

Other than that, I see no problems with the lettering.

Issues 2 and three is probably solved by a third-party mod.

Issue 1 gets involved because your skin designer may have removed your Homepage Document placeholder {HOME_CONTENT} in the styleTemplates/content/index.tpl file. In your Administration page, do you have anything entered in the Documents, Homepage section?