Error, "This invoice has already been paid" when customer tr

Guest AndEverythingNice

Guest AndEverythingNice

A customer today made a purchase, paid, done.

Then later today she tried to make a second order for completely different items. Different total, everything. When she clicked to go to paypal to submit her payment she was given an error that said that her invoice had already been paid.

When I went into my admin screen it only shows 1 order under her name, with the order details now reflecting the second order that she attempted to make. It still has the order number of the first order she placed. But the contents of her order are the second order.

Any thoughts?

After she made payment was she directed back to your shop with the thankyou message or given the transaction failed message ??

If she was given the transaction failed message the contents of her cart will still be there or if she didnt come back to your store after payment at paypal it would do the same and assume its the same transaction when she re visits, check your payment is set up correctly.

Guest AndEverythingNice

After she made payment was she directed back to your shop with the thankyou message or given the transaction failed message ??

If she was given the transaction failed message the contents of her cart will still be there or if she didnt come back to your store after payment at paypal it would do the same and assume its the same transaction when she re visits, check your payment is set up correctly.

After the first order she was given confirmation that the payment and order went through. I was sent an email from paypal and a cubecart order confirming that the 1st order went through.

When she tried to process the second order I did not receive anything.

Where can I look to verify my payment settings?

Guest AndEverythingNice

There is a setting in your paypal profile under Payment Receiving Preferrences called "Block Accidental Payment" and then click the box which says "No, allow multiple payments per invoice ID".

Thank you! When I did that I got a different error though.

Any other ideas?