preview images wont pull up

Guest lovvus

Guest lovvus

here is the sit. Ok i set up my cubecart site in a folder. I found that everything was looking great! So I purchased an addon and a domain name to assign to this folder. Once I did that some of the images would no longer pull up. Here is the link to my site:

Myebayclothes.com

here is the link to my folder that does work:

my folder that does work

can you guys help me out on this?

here is the sit. Ok i set up my cubecart site in a folder. I found that everything was looking great! So I purchased an addon and a domain name to assign to this folder. Once I did that some of the images would no longer pull up. Here is the link to my site:

Myebayclothes.com

here is the link to my folder that does work:

my folder that does work

can you guys help me out on this?

Go look in your the folder where your images are stored.

It will normally be /yourdomain/images/uploads for the lager pix and /yourdomain/images/uploads/thumbs for the smaller versions that CC automatically creates.

I can see the larger version so, we know you have images in the first folder. Are the images in BOTH folders?

If not, I suspect that

1) these two different domains are installed on a different hosts The first one has GD installed (the program that makes the thumbs); the second hosting server may not.

2) if the servers both have GD - or if the domains are on the same server, then I'd have to guess that maybe the way the images were copied to the newer site may have been via FTP, thus bypassing the CC image manager and the process that generates thumbs. But that's a wild guess because I don't know for sure at what point GD generates the thumbs.

If that's not it, I'd need FTP access and the CC ACP to take a deeper look.

BTW - a few suggestions . . .

Photo of a patterned garment against a totally different patterned surface (such as the toddler's PJs) makes it very hard to see the pattern of the garment itself. A totally blank surface of a single, non-patterned color, such as white or tan or some other unassuming color, will show the garments better.

Also, either use a brighter flash, or manipulate the image in something like Picasa (free from Google) or Photoshop to brighten the image and tweak up the contrast, your product images will have more "pop."

Also, on the subject of images, since product patterns can only be seen well in close up, are you aware that CC has a neat feature that allows you to offer more than one image per product? In View Products, click on "Manage Images" under the product thumb. You could then offer a close up of details such as patterns, buttons and other details.

Also, centered text is fine for headlines, but not for multiple lines such as product descriptions. The eye gets tired making the jump from the right end of one line to searching for the irregular start of the next. This may seem petty, but it definitely is an issue in web site legibility.

I know that a set of centered lines has a neat and tidy look about it. But since the point of text is to be read, not merely to be seen as a tidy visual element, centered text is counter productive. Keep multi-rows of text justified to the left and they will be much easier to read.

Finally, give serious thought as to the relevance, for you, of those default boxes such as Language, Currency and Information. Ask yourself, how does each of them encourage making the sales? If I remove them will I lose sales? If I eliminate the clutter and distraction that they are for most shopping carts, will that help visitors focus on my products - and thereby improve sales?

I think the latter is more likely.

Hope that helps . . .

Guest lovvus

Wow! thanks a bunch for all that information. I will definitely make some changes based on that info. As for the thumbnails, they is only one host, but i'll check the folders and see whats going on.

Thank you guys for the help, i'll let you know if it works!

Guest lovvus

Looks like a bad path statement somewhere. Check your config.inc.php. Your thumbnails are trying to pull from http://www.myebayclothes.com/myebayclothes...mb_SD530407.JPG and it looks like it should be http://www.myebayclothes.com/images/upload...mb_SD530407.JPG

Ok, I checked to see if the images were in images/uploads/thumbs and they were there and they were. However I am not sure where to find config.inc.php. where can i locate that and when i locate it what is it that I must do to it?

thanks

I think the file you are looking for is actually <store-root>/includes/global.inc.php

Examine these three variable:

$glob['rootDir'] (Must not have slash at end.)

$glob['rootRel'] (Must have slash at beginning and end, or just one slash)

$glob['storeURL'] (Must not have slash at end)

Let us know what they are.

Guest lovvus

Here is the last 5 lines of the contents to global.inc.php

$glob['dbprefix' ] = '' ;

$glob['installed' ] = '1' ;

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/home/yourwebt/public_html/myebayclothes' ;

$glob['rootRel' ] = '/myebayclothes/' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://yourwebtown.com/myebayclothes' ;

?>

its weird because the only thing that isn't showing up is the thumbnails at the bottom of the index page and in the category page, but there is a thumbnail in the featured product box on the index.

Here is the last 5 lines of the contents to global.inc.php

$glob['dbprefix' ] = '' ;

$glob['installed' ] = '1' ;

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/home/yourwebt/public_html/myebayclothes' ;

$glob['rootRel' ] = '/myebayclothes/' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://yourwebtown.com/myebayclothes' ;

?>

its weird because the only thing that isn't showing up is the thumbnails at the bottom of the index page and in the category page, but there is a thumbnail in the featured product box on the index.

try $glob['rootRel' ] = '/' ;

I think that's the problem.