A FREE working affiliate program

Guest pete

I recently purchased iDevaffiliate, after seeing within CubeCart that they are "partners." While there may be a forum post here, the cart itself still shows iDevaffiliate not only as an intergrated solution, but mentions they are partners. That is what caused me to spend my bucks with them.

Now, when it doesn't work Jim Webster of iDevaffiliate tells me to check with alistair at CC. Fat chance, without a paid support purchase. Maybe they'll give me $ 99 credit towards support for a year and a half?

Not likely, eh?

Anyhow, there is a free alternative that I discovered through another cart system. It's Mal"s Ecommerce, which is shown under Gateways. Mal has his own affiliate program, M-tracker. Both a free and a paid version.

Mal's is actually a cart, not a gateway. He will do both cards and PayPal. And that is the good part of this.

You can set up Mal's M-tracker and track commissions from paypal and regular cards. You can have Mal's go directly to paypal, just as always. And, if you have a merchant account you have the choice of having Mal's collect the payment info on his secure server or (for $ 8 a month) pass it right through to your payment provider.

Either way, Mal's will collect the sales and commission info, with two levels of affiliate payments.

Not only that, for those who did like I did and bought iDevaffiliate, you can set up Idev through Mal's as well. Mal's is one of the options under gateways that Idev automatically creates the links for.

I'm no affiliate of anyone here, just passing this on. Mal's is at http://www.mals-e.com/ Check it out.

Its worth mentioning that if you actually purchased a CC license, you would get 3 months support from Devillion.

I'm currently playing with JROX/Jam - not got much further than a basic install at the moment. It is limited to 50 affiliates, but if that becomes a problem, there is a paid upgrade.

Jason

The fact that they didn't have the integrity to remove idev as one of the 4 offered affiliate programs and continue to this day to state that they are partners with them causes me to be reluctant to spend any money with them.

I did get this reply, however:

Hello,

We have removed iDevAffiliate from our listed partners on the homepage of our website as there is an apparent incompatibility issue.

We have completely rebuilt the integration for version four which should be available from September.

For further info please see:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=25694

Kind Regards,

Guest Jim Guinn

Hey, I got news for you. Quality Unit's Post Affiliate Pro, despite CC's endorsement and Alan T's help here on the forum, is no "piece of cake" either. I keep chipping away, though. :)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert on this, by any menas. But, from what I've seen, you can only use Mal's affiliate with a Mal's payment account. When you choose Mal's as your payment processor in CC, you will automatically enable the afilate program, if you have it set up with Mal's.

Mal's is limited to just one "forward to" page. I've played with it a bit, trying to use the same affilaite account for several sites, but it doesn't work. You enter the address where you want to forward the buyer and that goes into a file somewhere. You get sales credits for all sales to thet address.

But, change the address, and even though you have the link text for the previous address, you no longer get any recognition of that link. Only the new link address is active.

I first thought I really had something where I could set up a number of affiliate programs through that one Mal's account, but not so.

You can open an unlimited number of Mal's payment accounts and an equal number of affiliate accounts, but one affiliate account will not track more than one target page. So, there is no need for a mod for CC, just use the already available Mal's payment option, turn on the affilaite tracking with your Mal's account and you are good to go.

• 2 years later...

I used Mal Affiliate programm, but without any message he deleted my account, and I asked him what´s happen, and he told me, that I don´t use the shopping cart, so my account got deleted :mellow: