Store and admin panal disappear every time

Twice I have set up my entire store with downloaded photos and everything. Both times it is up and running for a few hours then the admin page disappears (page not found) and the store reverts back to the default settings. I uploaded editconf. It says to go to http://www.domain/store/editconf.php. When I do I get a blank page. Don't know what else to do. I am new and cannot figure out how to keep the settings and the changes. I don't have time to keep redoing this. Any suggestions?

Twice I have set up my entire store with downloaded photos and everything. Both times it is up and running for a few hours then the admin page disappears (page not found) and the store reverts back to the default settings. I uploaded editconf. It says to go to http://www.domain/store/editconf.php. When I do I get a blank page. Don't know what else to do. I am new and cannot figure out how to keep the settings and the changes. I don't have time to keep redoing this. Any suggestions?
Sounds like a hosting server issue. I can't image anything in CC that would cause that Admin panel behavior.

Have you spoken with your hosting service tech support?

Ir also strikes me strange that you should have to rebuild. Doesn't your hosting service offer a simple reinstall from an automatic backup?

Sounds like a hosting server issue. I can't image anything in CC that would cause that Admin panel behavior.

Have you spoken with your hosting service tech support?

Ir also strikes me strange that you should have to rebuild. Doesn't your hosting service offer a simple reinstall from an automatic backup?

I will call the hosting service as you suggested. I agree, I would think there would be a backup. I am using a shared SSL and I think that has something to do with it. I installed Cube Cart through Fantastico provided by host. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pat

I contacted my host and they said they never heard of this problem. So I am on my own. Today I did only one page, the settings page and checked on it every few hours. It was ok for about six hours and now the settings have returned to default. Don't know what else to do.

Certainly not an answer, but something similar happened to me a long time ago.

I was the code developer of a two-man team (the other guy did the layout and graphics). The team was developing a site for a client. The client also had a marketing genius who, unknown to us, was also accessing the web space and making other changes.

I thought someone had hacked in through a side-entrance and was just being a nuisance. I restored the space with a backup. A few hours to a day later, it was messed up again. I was e-mailing the hosting provider wanting access logs, IP traces, whatever.

So, have you given your web space password to anyone else?

I contacted my host and they said they never heard of this problem. So I am on my own. Today I did only one page, the settings page and checked on it every few hours. It was ok for about six hours and now the settings have returned to default. Don't know what else to do.

i've sent you a pm

i've sent you a pm

In answer to have I given my password to anyone else, only my host to help me make changes to permissions. I finally got fed up and uninstalled Cube Cart, but I decided to reinstall to a subdomain. I haven't tried it out yet because I am afraid. The problem seem to be when I turn on the shared SSL. Anyone know a way to fix this? Also not sure what to put in absolute secure route. The host said to put https://~secure.hostname.com/mylogin/store. Does this sound right?????

I am new to this and really struggling. My website is fine. But can't get a store up. Host also said to set permissions to 444 to prevent changes??? I read in another post about downloading sessions.inc.php as a fix for shared ssl problem. Not sure what to do.