Freezing Size of bullet points in css

Guest eric47905

Guest eric47905

Hello,

I searched through the forum and found exactly which thing in the css to edit, but I could not find the answer for what I am searching specifically on. I also searched google and css tutorials, and they all say how to do the bullets and styles and pics for bullets and text size for the bullet list, but none specify how to lock bullet size itself.

I want to freeze the size of the bullet points in my navigation panes. I assume and found out I was right that the bullet list is under the css as

----------------------------------

li.bullet {

list-style-type: square;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 70%;

color: #000000;

}

---------------------------------

I have tried to set this by changing the percent to a fixed 11pt or 11px, and this freezes the text nicely, but you can still ctrl + scroll or view > text size > small etc... and change the size of the bullets.

The problem is this then throws off the alignment of some other things I have set up, mainly giving alot of blank space at the page bottom if they go too big.

Does anyone know exactly what to change to freeze the bullet size itself?

Thanks

Guest webicon

As you said you can swap out a bullet shape for a graphic - this may be the best option for what you describe - you can then simply draw in the bullet size you want....

Guest eric47905

Thanks, I still cant find the answer that I was hoping, but what you say will probably do the trick. I'll swap'm out for pics of the squares and try that.

Guest webicon

I think that will work - I'm sorry I dont have the answer- I've been working with css for about three years now - never had the need to use this.... and actually with browser (Opera, IE7 up, FF) doing the resize of the WHOLE window instead of just the text being resized - I dont imagine that it will really be such an issue as to impede the use of your site....

Its good though that you are being thorough and consistant in how your site appears to customers...

I'ts nice that you have tried