Unable to upload JPEG

Guest PERICO

Guest PERICO

Im uploading some photos onto my page, and im encountering a problem with certain JPG files..

Some JPG work fine when uploading others require me to convert to GIF, or they will show up as a blank image.

I can't find anything specific , about the ones that wont upload, that is different than the other JPEG that load fine.

If anyone knows what might be causing this problem or a solution, it would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

-PERICO.

Im uploading some photos onto my page, and im encountering a problem with certain JPEG files..
What are the sources of your JPG's? I ask because my graphics designer sometimes forgets and sends over a JPG in the CMYK color space instead of the browser render-able RGB color space.

Some new graphics programs can save a JPG using "standard" encoding, "progressive" encoding, and something called "lossless" encoding. Lossless encoding won't work on most everything.

Guest PERICO

I played around with the "standard" encoding, "progressive" encoding, and "lossless" encoding.

Theres still no luck uploading it, unless i convert it.

Im using a mod that uploads multiple images at once, and the ones that arent uploaded are causing lots of problems.

Im still open for ideas,

Thanks for the replies.

-PERICO

Ok, so...

1) What's the name of the mod? Not that we can discuss it here.

2) Can you determine if the filename remains the same, even using the same case of lettering, as before the transfer as after? (Some FTP clients have a setting that forces all filenames to lowercase, and this causes problems on a case-sensitive operating system.)

The description of your problem is now causing me to think it's not CC's fault, nor the file's fault, but rather the transport mechanism's fault.

Can you compare the filename in the folder with the name that sits in the database table?

And is the problem manifesting itself by "failing to actually transport the file to the server", or is the file getting there, but perhaps getting corrupted? Can you FTP the file back down and do a binary compare against the original?

Or is the transfer successful, but CC gives the appearance of not rendering a thumbnail version properly?