Adventure Catalog

Still some technical bugs to work out with CubeCart before I start selling, but the design is up.

Modified Legend skin. Added several tweaks, hacks and mods, including several from Estelle. Site will sell outdoor gear, as well as courses.

Interested in receiving critiques, especially any cross-browser issues.

http://www.wildernessadventures.com/store

Guest reb_76

it's looking nice!

no cb issues in firefox...

the only changes I'd suggest are cosmetic:

the white space on either side makes it hard for me to see the menu - I'd change the menu text to a larger font size and darker color, and place a light brown background color behind it.

that's just me though :)

it's looking nice!

no cb issues in firefox...

the only changes I'd suggest are cosmetic:

the white space on either side makes it hard for me to see the menu - I'd change the menu text to a larger font size and darker color, and place a light brown background color behind it.

that's just me though :)

Thank you for your input.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "the white space on either side". Take another look and let me know. I flipped the bottom gradient upside down, then changed the background color to match the darkest gradient shade instead of white. It does look better.

Guest webicon

agree with reb -You've spent some time customising the graphics - but not default text and link colours.

I think these cosmetic issues could perhaps make a huge difference in the professionalism of the site...

1. link text in boxes

2.Custom bullets or at least custom coloured bullets

3. Button Colours - again colour scheme doesnt match anything

All of these are easily enough changed by amending the hex colour values in layout.css and style.css...

Other than that I must say is one of the nicer stores I have seen - You've obviously put a lot of thought into usability with the screensize, quantity discount mod and checkout...

Guest eric47905

Just to throw in my 2 cents, because thats about all its worth from me...lol

I looked at your rope for instance and on the options you have it in () as adding the amount. I.E.- it says 100 feet precut - 62.50(+$62.50)

This looks scary to me as a customer just because it looks like it is going to add the amount in the () to the amount listed.

I would remove the () amount if you could or maybe from the first part if you cant clear out the () That way it would only list the price one time, not list the price and then list it again like it is adding to it.

I know you said that you have some technical issues to work out still, I think you should add that to your list if not already.

Other than that, nice!

Guest reb_76

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "the white space on either side". Take another look and let me know. I flipped the bottom gradient upside down, then changed the background color to match the darkest gradient shade instead of white. It does look better.

exactly that :dizzy:

1. link text in boxes

agreeing with webicon :)

It's really looking nice :D

Just to throw in my 2 cents, because thats about all its worth from me...lol

I looked at your rope for instance and on the options you have it in () as adding the amount. I.E.- it says 100 feet precut - 62.50(+$62.50)

This looks scary to me as a customer just because it looks like it is going to add the amount in the () to the amount listed.

I would remove the () amount if you could or maybe from the first part if you cant clear out the () That way it would only list the price one time, not list the price and then list it again like it is adding to it.

I know you said that you have some technical issues to work out still, I think you should add that to your list if not already.

Other than that, nice!

Excellent point. Thank you. Worth much more than 2 cents.

I wanted to avoid listing every single rope length as a separate item, so I set up the pricing using product option. I included the price in the option attribute. Price in parenthesis was generated by CubeCart. So the easy one to remove was the one in the attribute. Already changed it. Only the price in parenthesis shows now.

Thanks again for catching this for me. Much appreciated.

agree with reb -You've spent some time customising the graphics - but not default text and link colours.

I think these cosmetic issues could perhaps make a huge difference in the professionalism of the site...

1. link text in boxes

All of these are easily enough changed by amending the hex colour values in layout.css and style.css...

Other than that I must say is one of the nicer stores I have seen - You've obviously put a lot of thought into usability with the screensize, quantity discount mod and checkout...

Working on it. This isn't what I do for a living, so progress is slow. Takes me a while to figure out which tags do what. Also very important for me to be consistent, not only throughout the store, but throughout the rest of my website.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input.

I poked around quite a bit, looking for mods that would add features and convenience to my store. Very happy with the ones I've installed so far, including several from Estelle's CubeCart Mods.

I'm using her:

Related Products with Auto Search mod

Product Pricing and Individual Quantity Discounts mod

All In One Shipping mod

Fully Flexible Contact Forms mod

Very easy to install and set up. The minor problems I've had have so far were my own fault.

Have you seen this documentation over at cubecartforums.org? - May help you understand what does what in the stylesheets.

looking good...

No, I had not seen that. Awesome! Thank you. Much more efficient than my trial and error approach.

I should have mentioned - get firefox, if you aren't already using it :)

then, get this plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

it has a tool that will let you hover over anything on a page and see the exact path to it - it's been a Godsend for me, timewise! :D

I have both Safari and FireFox. (I even have IE, but never use it).

Installed the program you referenced. Wow. More features than I will ever learn to use. Thanks for the tip.

I'm calling the store design finished for now. Worked out most of the technical bugs. Test purchases are all working. More products to load, then ready to start promoting to my clients and students.

http://www.wildernessadventures.com/store

My thanks to each of you who provided input. It really helped me a lot.

Olá rcwild

I was taking a look on your website and I found a little problem with the sizes of your images on the Gear Source category: http://www.wildernessadventures.com/store/...Cat&catId=7

They break out the table.

About your website, I liked a lot of your header logo.

The main problem is that the logo have no connection with anything else on your website. So, seems like a sticker.

Don't be mad of me, you ask for critiques... :)

But like I never made a critic without a solution or at least a sugestion... Here:

1. Software: get Adobe Fireworks. Realy good to create website layouts.

2. Documentation: read about stylesheets, like webicon sugested you... very important.

3. With the first 2 points, you would be able to change the layout of your website in just 10 minutes.

I know, sound like bs but it doesn't. Check this little changes... in 10 minutes:

http://www.bahia-capoeira.com/support/adventure_catalog.jpg

I just changed the 4 background images and a litle few code on the layout.css file

Not a great design, but shows how its easy when you have the software and the knowledge.

Keep on working... and learning :)

Take care

Alvaro

A very, very nice rendering of the Legend skin. I like it alot, and I applaud your design instincts. Great colors, great header, nice home page. Hope it is very successful.

Thank you.

Couldn't have done it without the input received from members of this group. Thanks to all.

I'm confident in the future success of the store as my students already provide a captive market. ;)