"You must login to view this page" message after payment mad

Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up a shop with a PayPal Gateway, I've set everything up as per the instructions, but when I make a payment, CubeCart seems to have logged me out and I get the message 'You must login to view this page' any ideas?

Cheers

No, I'm paying with a different account, it's just Cubecart seems to log me out after going to Paypal.

Check your global.inc.php file. make sure that the store's url has www in it. and that your paypal return url also has www.

This error usually happens when you access your site with www and return to a url without or viceversa. access your shop without www and return to the url with it.

thanks

/Goober

• 1 month later...

No, thank you! :pirate:

The global.inc.php file does have www in, as does the paypal url. Should I have a http:// in the $glob['storeURL'] declaration?

Hey There,

Assuming you've got all the basic stuff done (Paypal setup IPN with the exact URL defined in the CC3 Paypal IPN setup, the correct confirm URL in Website Payment Preferences and Payment Data Transfer set on in the same place -- on CC3, basically just having it on and, outside of that, all the url's agree) you can cheap hack it like I did.

I tried everything I could find on all these boards (lots of help for the stuff after -- thanks everybody :angry: but I couldn't get rid of that "You must login" on the redirect, so my customers would get email that their order went through, but an immediate rejection page, which is especially bad for digital downloads that are supposed to be immediate!

In the [YourWebsiteCC3Directory]/includes/content/confirmed.inc.php

about 5 lines from the bottom you'll find this

else $confirmation->parse("confirmation.session_false");

change it to

/* ORIGINAL LINE - Altered to remove non_customer site access

else $confirmation->parse("confirmation.session_false");

*/

else $confirmation->parse("confirmation_session_true");

and that's that. Basically, you're just making it so that your "guests" have one big shared session - session 0 is no longer banned.

Now all your users will get to the end page, which, for me, is already all set with the custom response, etc.

I'm still looking for the "right" solution, but I have no problem with "guests" ordering from me with one universal identity (user 0 - who has made a lot of purchases :). They still have to pay to get the product. If someone doesn't want to login to buy stuff from me, I don't mind. I guess this depends on what you're trying to do with your biz. Getting off topic, anyway :on2long:

Best of luck to you.

Let me know if you find something that works and is "correct." :wacko:

, Mike

• 1 year later...

No, I'm paying with a different account, it's just Cubecart seems to log me out after going to Paypal.

Check your global.inc.php file. make sure that the store's url has www in it. and that your paypal return url also has www.

This error usually happens when you access your site with www and return to a url without or viceversa. access your shop without www and return to the url with it.

thanks

/Goober

Thanks for this Goober, if your still out there after all this time. Was getting "You must login to view this page" message on return from PayPal. This fixed it for me.