Opinions please

Guest Everything motorcycle

After a fall out with my last host I decided a compleate overhaul of my online store. I was previously using an oscomerce template and wanted an easier and better looking template. So here I am.

I'm a complete novice but have made some subtle changes so far. I'm stuck on a few things, changing the colour of the blue line line around the content boxes or getting rid altogether, changing the font size and colour. So any advice would be appreciated.

Anyway let me know what you think www.everythingmotorcycle.co.uk

Warren

HHHmmmm !!! Something tells me, thats not the look you were going for !!!!!! :pirate:

Sorry i was just changing a few things have a look now.

I'm a bit stuck on changing the search box from blue to white??

You seem to have some comment code '>' in some of your laterstprod descriptions ??

+ in your home page pic the writing is being cut off top & bottom because of the banners in there.

The search box is at the top of style.css

Ok I've made my final alterations and tweaks so what you see now is the finished item. Any thoughts?

Steadily improving, you could probably do a little more before calling it finished, but it looks like you're on the right path.

Suggestions? :)

Guest Brivtech

Well, having a quick glance over it, it's all just little fiddly things:

- Box titles

- background shading

- colour/style of buttons

- latest products formatting (Make all images the same size) - Are you trying to display 3 columns of latest products and it's not working, or 2 columns, and the formatting is giving a big white space margin to the right?

- Thin it out a little.

- Do you need 2 columns for boxes?

- Do you need an information box?

- Do you really need a featured product? - That's just a product selected at random.

You've almost there though! :)

Well, having a quick glance over it, it's all just little fiddly things:

- Box titles

- background shading

- colour/style of buttons

- latest products formatting (Make all images the same size) - Are you trying to display 3 columns of latest products and it's not working, or 2 columns, and the formatting is giving a big white space margin to the right?

- Thin it out a little.

- Do you need 2 columns for boxes?

- Do you need an information box?

- Do you really need a featured product? - That's just a product selected at random.

You've almost there though! :)

How about now? i would like to change the categories to buttons rather than words and change the style of buttons but don't know how to do either yet.

Guest Brivtech

Yes, improving each time I see it. The latest products section just needs the images to be saved at a uniform size, which will clear up the formatting.

I personally wouldn't use buttons for categories, as search engines won't rate them as well as text. Some CSS formatting would do the job though, giving the appearance of a button, with a simple background colour change on hover.