install script never came up automatically

Guest jamiejoe

Guest jamiejoe

when I got to that part of the install. When I typed in www.expressivethoughtsvinyl.com/store it didn't take me to the install script. I had to click on that through the parent directory. It started once I did that, and I got everything set up correctly to where it said congratulations. I can login to the www.expressivethoughtsvinyl.com/store/admin part, but when I try to view any of the categories that I add it says "page not found" I deleted the intall folder, what am I missing? Why did it go directly to the parent directory instead of the install script? I added a subfolder called "store" in my public_html folder. That folder looks exaclty like the upload folder, other than some of the files are smaller. I've tried overwriting them again, but it still shows up smaller. Are there supposed to be folders within the "store" folder, or should I have extracted them all out to be under the "store" folder directly instead of having the folders like "admin" "docs" "images" etc? Any help would be appreciated. I installed the Killer skin.

Thanks in advance!

Guest jamiejoe

How exactly do I go about that? Deleting all of the files in my /store directory? Do I need to do anything with the database that was installed?

Just delete the old files (admin/ includes/ images/ language/ etc, etc.)

Then re-upload the new files to the same place and run the install script.

You can use the same DB, when you go through the settings at install just use the same DB path.

Let us know how you get on.