Error w/ PP Pro .... PEAR.php???

Guest Robyn M.

Guest Robyn M.

Hello all,

I am getting the following error when trying to process a PP Pro credit card trans. when I hit continue after the select payment screen.

Warning: main(PEAR.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/store/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/store/pear:.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/store/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

I have looked through the forum and can't seem to find fix or where I went wrong with the configuration. I would greatly apprecite some help on this.

Here is some additional info if it helps ..... The cart is at www.digitaldesignimaging.com/store , its on linux/Apache server (does it need to be windows to help this out?) I have an dedicated SSL cert, and a PayPal Pro account .....

Thank you in advance for any assistance......

Robyn M.

[email protected]

Guest Netspot4u

although it doesn't help I am getting the exact same error so I am guessing I have done the same thing you have done .

Hopefully someone will post the fix here

Guest Netspot4u

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/home/customvee/domains/customveedub.com.au/public_html/store/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/data/home/customvee/domains/customveedub.com.au/public_html/store/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /data/home/customvee/domains/customveedub.com.au/public_html/store/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Guest Robyn M.

well, I am going back and forth with tech support here and my server tech support on this error. Apparently it is related to not have your servers Pear files configured right, or the pear folder not being where cube cart is looking for it.

I will let you know If I get it fixed. My server tech guy says pear is set up correctly on my VPS acount, and that cube cart isn't looking in the right place, so tech suport says to adjust the path in the includes/ini.inc php file.

The pear path is specified in the "Server Information" link in the admin control panel of your store.

It should have a bit saying something like:

--with-pear=/path/to/pearfolder

You can then edit the includes/ini.inc.php file to look in the right place. I don't have time to try this out today, but hopefully tomorrow. i just don't have any expereince with php. So it takes me time to learn something to fix something else! LOL

If I can't get it fixed I will go with Zen-cart. Its up and working on my server, it just isn't what I wanted, Cube Cart is, but if it isn't gonna work........

Robyn

Guest Robyn M.

Hi,

Just thought I would say I have my cart working wonderfully, thanks to the tech support here. Well worth the price. It did have to do with the pear folder path and needed some additional code (I don't know what that was) but they had me up and running in no time flat. So Hopefully you have fixed your error as well with this.

Robyn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest downliner

I have the same error message but can find no reference to pear in my includes/ini.inc.php file.

My host has confirmed that pear is installed and they have given me the directory structure to use. Please can you confirm where in the file includes/ini.inc.php I should be editing.

Many thanks

Guest Robyn M.

I actully couldn;t tell you. I tried finding that as well. I am ure there is some where to edit the path as needed. Tech support here did that for me, so I am not sure. I hope you are able to resolve it. Its a frustrating error!

Robyn

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mtaylor

Hi there, I may be getting the same error. When I try to check out with Paypal, I get these errors:

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/lib/php/PEAR.php) is not within the allowed path(s): ('.:/proc/uptime:/tmp:/home:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/home:/usr/local/bin/') in /home/teachi2/public_html/theteachingstore/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Warning: main(PEAR.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/teachi2/public_html/theteachingstore/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/home/teachi2/public_html/theteachingstore/pear:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/teachi2/public_html/theteachingstore/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Anyone experience anything similar? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest verbotten

In Cube Cart V3 vs V4 comparison chart V3 does not support Paypal Pro. (or it may be play of words "certified integration)

see: http://www.cubecart.com/site/features/

I wanted to ad Paypal pro to V3 also and found out that later that you need V4 to do it. (which is not free)

if you managed somehow to add paypal pro to Cube cart V3 I would also like to know how you did it.

thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest miboutique urban wear

I am also having this problem , although my credit card section works and my Express payment option doesnt ????

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol5/bestfreehostings.com/host_3162917/mi-boutique.com/htdocs/MBUWSTORE/pear/PayPal.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/home/vol5/bestfreehostings.com/host_3162917/mi-boutique.com/htdocs/MBUWSTORE/pear:.') in /home/vol5/bestfreehostings.com/host_3162917/mi-boutique.com/htdocs/MBUWSTORE/pear/PayPal.php on line 11