From HTML to php... its not been easy!

Guest Snelly

Guest Snelly

Just want to start by saying thank you to forum contributors... the knowledge contained in the forum has helped me get my store up and running.

Its not been an easy passage, im so used to writting my own HTML based websites, but I found I could never get them looking as professional as I wanted them. Now i'd like to know what you good people think...

www.snellyvision.co.uk/store/index.php

Guest Brivtech

Don't think of php as another language, more of an extention to HTML.

You haven't really done much on the site given in the link, it looks like one of the default skins with the background changed. It doesn't look bad though, but you need to sort out the formatting of the Latest Products content box. It's a real mess:

- Make the images a uniform size (Pad them out to fit a defined width and height), and that'll help to start with

- You have long product titles (No harm with that, probably good for search engines), try downsizing the text slightly to tidy it up as well.

Guest Snelly

Thanks Stevie. I altered the height, which has taken care of the long titles getting in the way. Just wondered if I can get the images to auto padding or center, like you can with tables in html???