sessionStart.php and session.inc.php warnings

Laico

Using CubeCart v3.0.16, getting errors:

PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: The session id contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in .../CubeCart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/advimmun/public_html/CubeCart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in .../CubeCart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

PHP Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/advimmun/public_html/CubeCart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in .../CubeCart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 39

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../CubeCart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:39) in .../CubeCart/includes/session.inc.php on line 95

PHP Warning: Unknown: The session id contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

In sessionStart.php, the code is:

$sessionDomain = substr($GLOBALS['rootRel'],0, strlen($GLOBALS['rootRel'])-1);

if($glob['rootRel']=="/"){

$sessionName = "ccSID";

} else {

$sessionName = "ccSID".md5($glob['rootRel']);

}

session_name($sessionName);

@ini_set("session.cookie_path",$sessionDomain);

session_start();

I've never seen this problem before, and searching the forums turned up nothing. It's not preventing the store from working, but I don't like these warnings piling up. Has anyone seen this before and figured out what was going wrong?

I've been unable to duplicate this problem on the CubeCart running on my local Web server, even though it is the exact same version. And I do not think it is specific to the hosting service, because all of my other clients and their sites are running on the same servers, and using sessions and cookies without any problems. But I'm still getting these warnings from CubeCart. Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

Am I the *only* CubeCart user experiencing this problem?!

Folks, could you please check your PHP error logs (the file "error_log" in your CubeCart's root directory), and see if you are getting similar warnings as those listed in my first posting.

Any CubeCart gurus out there have an idea as to what is causing these warnings? I've looked at the code in sessionStart.php, and don't have any ideas. I haven't modified any of the core code, so I can't imagine what is causing this.