starting again

Guest WP-Autoparts

Guest WP-Autoparts

Hi, got the site all working and was about to start modifing properly when a freind said they knew what they were doing so i let them have a go while i was working, he really didnt nkow what he was doing and its pritty messed up, ive got some good practice in and to save time im going to start again so its all new and fresh. How do i go about doing this? do i simply delete all the files? and download them again??

thanks

Guest WP-Autoparts

hi, no its all messed up, lots of setting changed and i think some files are missing, dont want to get so far then notice a setting thats messed up and have to start again, just want a fresh start. do i just delete?

Yes, delete all files, then remove the mySQL database.

Did your friend take a back-up before messing things up? - its pretty quick and easy to back-up the store from within cPanel (if you're hosting uses that).

If he's only removed files, you could just try to copy the cubecart files back over the top. Copy /includes/global.inc.php first (as this contains the core set-up for the database).

I'd personally try that first. You can always post back with any error messages...

Jason

Guest WP-Autoparts

no he didnt :) thanks for the help im gona delete the files tonite and upload fresh tomoz shouldnt take long to get back where i was, got some practise in now.

how do i remove the mysql database??

thanks for the help

Theres no need to remove it completely, just go into your host control panel go into phpmyadmin choose your cubecart db, select all the tables and then click 'drop' at the top. Doing it this way will keep your db name and password therefore allowing you to re-use your root/ includes/ global.inc.php file (if you havent already deleted it).

Otherwise in your host control panel there will be a mysql tab somewhere click on it and then somewhere it will allow you to delete the db.