Time

Guest racingchamp

Guest racingchamp

Hi,

I have a slight problem as I cant figure out how to change the time of the shoppic cart. It is currently 21:41 and the cart is set to 13:41.

Is there any way of changing this?

And how does this effect international orders?

This is important as i am selling digital items, internationally, and the expiry link is only for one hour... I could extend this for 48 hours and that would work, but i would rather it only last for one hour, no matter what the current time is.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest racingchamp

Well just found out that the cube cart is taking the time from my server, I think...

But how do i set it so that people in other time zones can still download the digital items but with a one hour expiry time, for their time.

Youve answered your own question !!!!

Its the server clock it is going by so one hour is just that one hour.

Its not dependant on your timezone it is only dependant on the server timezone.

Basicaly it is allowing anyone from anywhere 60 minutes from the time they complete checkout.

Guest racingchamp

Basicaly it is allowing anyone from anywhere 60 minutes from the time they complete checkout.

No, most of what you said is true accept for the last sentance.... It is allowing anyone only to download an hour on from my server time...

e.g.

Lets say my american based server is in a time zone where the time is 13:00 and i live in a place where the time is a few hours ahead, 18:00...

If i purchase the item at 18:00, i should then have an hour to download it -- It should only expire at 19:00

But this is not the case, if i purchase at 18:00 (my time).... The server's time zone is 13:00 and the link will expire at 14:00.... But i order at 18:00 so it has already expired....

If the server time is 13:00, how would it know that your time is 18:00?

Server time is server time. All download links are based on your server's time and has absolutely NO reference to any other time.